Skip to main content

The Prom Problem: Get Ready for Prom with Me 2014----> My 100th post!

Hey guys!! I just wanted to say its cray that I have gotten so many views and this is only my 100th post! It is also crazy to me that I have actually written 100 times to you guys!! Anyway, I know that prom season is over and that this is a bit late...thanks old computer...but I decided to post it anyway and wrap up this years edition of The Prom Problem. Now before this post is up any later, lets get into this.

The Night Before:
The night before prom, I started off my getting ready for the event by taking a long shower and doing an oil treatment on my hair. I also used the crest white strips on my teeth because no one wants yellow teeth at prom. In addition, I pained my nails with the Revlon Colorstay nail polish in Natural Tan. This is literally one of the best nail polishes I have ever used. When I say it lasted a full week, I mean it lasted a full week. The image below is not my hand because right now I am wearing a light pink color from Sally Handsen but I thought I should show you guys how pretty the tan looks on and off.

The Day Of:
In the morning, I woke up and did my makeup. For eyeshadow, I went with a gray smokey eye using the shadows from my Nordstrom big pack (I do not know the real name for it). I used a tinted pressed powered to even out my skin tone and added bronzer and blush from Almay which unfortunately have been discontinued. To apply my face makeup and eye shadow, I used my Sonia Kashuk brushes that I purchased from Target and totally recommend! My eyeliner was a black Lancome pencil on the top and bottom lash line, as well as my tight line and my water line. For mascara, I used my Neutrogena mascara in black and I also applied fake lashes. I chose 109 Ardell lashes. Personally, I find that these lashes look the most natural on me, but if you are trying out this look I would recommend purchasing what ever lashes look the best on you. For my brows, I used a Maybelline row powder and set it with a cover girl clear mascara. Finally, for lips, I used a light pink Revlon Lip Butter. 
Then I had to go to school where we had an assembly and did senior awards.
After that, I went to my hair salon and got my hair washed and cut. I have very curly hair and it was a very humid day so I decided to go natural because I knew that what every styling I did would puff up so I just left well enough alone. Then I went over to the flower place that I purchased the buttoner from and picked it up.
Finally, I went home and put on my dress, jewelry, and shoes. You can't really see the shoes in this picture but they were tall heels with three straps, the highest around the ankle. My dress is by Halston and I purchased it from Neiman Marcus.
Hope you enjoyed this years edition of The Prom Problem even if it got cut a bit short :/ . Keep checking back for more fashion and beauty over the summer!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who