Skip to main content

Revlon Lip Stick and Lip Gloss Review

Lately I have been really into the Revlon Lip Sticks! My friend got me a few of them for my birthday last year and I loved them but I stopped using them over the summer and I just started using them again and fell in love with them all over again! Revlon is one of the best, if not the best, drug store brand for lip products. Their Lip Sticks are great as well as their glosses and I haven't gotten the chance to try out their Lip Butters yet but I have heard so many great things about them!
What I love about the Lip Sticks is that they go one so smoothly and last so long! I rarely find myself needing to reapply my lip stick thought the day because it lasts through anything! It comes in so many different colors so you can really choose anything you want. I have two shades of pink. The first one is a light pink color. I like this one because it is a matte finish and just adds a little pop of color to your lips but basically keeps them rather natural looking. This is perfect if you have chapped lips and just want to cover that up a little bit, or if you have done a really dramatic eye look or have a dramatic piece of clothing/jewelry on and you dot want to take away from that with a colored lip. A light  pink lip really ties a lot of makeup looks together as well as outfit looks. The other color that I have is number 002 in the shade Pink Pout. This one is like a light magenta color but still pinky. This one is really pretty and is great if you just want a muted pink lip to pull together a look. I think that this color looks best with a purple smokey eye. Both of these lip products are moisturizing and they are so fun to put on! I honestly find myself putting on more of it than I need just because I have fun putting it on. Another great think about the Revlon lip sticks is that they are SO pigmented! You do not need to put that much on and you don't need to layer it with a gloss in order to bring out the color, its just like there! I am going to swatch them on my hand and put a picture of them down below so that you can see how pigmented they are. I will also give you a little picture below of what they look like so that you can easily spot them in the store. Girls who are sensitive to lip products, I can not tell you how many lip products I am allergic to....but this one does not irritate my lips at all so I would absolutely recommend them to you!
Okay, now that I have given you an epic on the lip sticks lets move on to the Revlon Lip Gloss. Again, I got this from a friend from my  birthday and it was a fabulous present (So if you need to get a little inexpensive gift for someone, check them out)! This lip gloss is very sticky when you apply it so you do not need to apply a lot of it at once.This is great because you do not have to repurchase it that often.  It comes in a little container which is perfect to throw in your purse or in any travel bag. The color that I have has a shimmery finish and is a medium light pink. It is the perfect product to make your lips glow. Again, this is a fabulous product for anyone who has allergies to beauty products. I love this lip gloss because it goes very will with my lip sticks. If you want to give a matte lip color a little shimmer, this is a great product to use.
Alright, I think that is all I have to say for now. I am going to be doing a little lip product collection in the future so stay tuned for it...I am not sure yet if I am going to be posting it here on my blog or on my YouTube beauty channel; fashionistafoward5 or both...but as soon as I get the time, it is coming. If you liked this post, please subscribe, comment and if you have any requests, let me know and I will try to do them.
Xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who