Skip to main content

Is The Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment Worth the Hype?



 Hey Fashionista's!

Today we are going to talk all about Hailey Bieber's Rhode Skincare line. This is not sponsored, I just really wanted to talk about these products.

This semester in my public speaking class, I taught a unit all about persuasive speaking. My goal was to make the topic of persuasive speaking more relatable by showing how prevalent it is in our modern world. What was the product I brought in to show the power of persuasive speaking in the "influencer era"? You bet it was the Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment.

If you are a longtime reader, you know I rarely talk about skin care. Actually, I have probably never talked about skin care. That's because I don't really know what to say. I don't ever buy the trendy products because I am allergic to so many of them and if not, they make me break out. BUT Hailey Bieber got me- talk about effective persuasive speaking. I watched a few videos on YouTube of her using the products and talking about their ingredients and it really made me feel more confident giving them a try. I particularly liked how she has unscented products because I am allergic to so many scents.

I decided to start out with the Peptide Lip Treatment. Now, this might sound like a cop out because it's not the more traditional skincare products in her line, but I am allergic to many lip products too so it was just as must a risk. In fact, the reason I wanted to try this one first was because I had recently had an allergic reaction to a lipstick I wore for an event and my lips felt horrible so the thought of a lip treatment sounded really nice. Luckily, after patch testing, I had no reaction so I was able to give it a fair try.

This stuff cured my allergic reaction in one day. One day! I think it's the best lip product I have ever used.

Consistency: 

Its consistency is unlike anything else I have ever tried. It's smooth, silky and overall feels like luxury. This product lasts for hours, even after the initial stickiness of the application wears off, you can still feel it working on your lips. 

Scent:

Rhode does have some scented flavors, but like I said, I went with unscented because of my allergies. 

Flavor:

While it is unscented, it does in my opinion have a good flavor. Which is key because bad tasting lip products are unusable. 

Color:

When the product exists the tube, it has a slight milky color but it goes on clear. I don't mind the clear, especially for a no makeup day or before bed. Rhode does have a Peptide Lip Tint in four different colors that are currently sold out but I would definitely give these a try in the future. I think the color will be really nice to add to my collection because the product actually nourishes my lips which is such a refreshing change of pace when so many lip products give me an allergic reaction.

Price:

The price for one tube was $16.00. I could see some people thinking this is expensive and others thinking it is not. Personally, I think the price is right because the product lasts a long time. A little goes a long way so I don't find myself buying new very often. 

Was it Worth the Hype?: YES

I will definitely be trying out some of the other Rhode products soon so stay tuned for more reviews on this line.

~XOXO~    

*Again, al opinions are my own and not sponsored. If you decide to try these products, please read the ingredient list, consult with your doctor if necessary, and patch test before usage incase of allergies. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who