Skip to main content

June Favorites!!

Hey guys!! Another fabulous month has passed and what a month it has been! June was very stressful for me but also the biggest relif because it was the end of school and training for the day camp that I worked at. So I have a good amount of favorites for the month of June so I am going to go on and get into it.

1.) My  first favorite of the month is my Maybeleen concealer stick. I decided to stray from my Almay holy grail concealer and try out a more full coverage concealer because I was not getting a whole lot of sleep due to school so I had lovely dark circles. I have been using this product every day and kind of have a love hate relationship with it but decided to include it. Lets start with the pros. I love that it makes my undereyes glow and wakes me up a bit. I also love the coverage that it gives. NO dark circles will be seen when you use this product. I also really like the texture because it is really creamy and easy to apply. Now for the cons. I am pretty tan and so I bought the darkest shade and it is still a bitlight for my skin tone. However, this is not the worst con because it kind of works like an undereye brightner.  The worst con for me is that it creases and it needs re-application before I go out anywhere at night.

2.) The next up on my favorites list for this month is blue eyeliner. I am wearing it right now actually! I saw Heidi Klum wear like a half black half blue lower last line eyeliner on Project Runway so I tried it out and I have been doing it almost every day. I really think that it adds demention to the look and it just makes your eyes look brighter and biger and pretty. I have worn all different shades of blue but find myself gravitation towards a bright blue color by Cover Girl.

3.) My next favorite is Burts Bees Lip Balm in the pepermint flavor. Now I know that there are a tone of mixed reviews on this flavor but I am going to explain why I love it and think that it is totally worth checking out. This product moisturizes the lips really well without becoming sticky. I feel like a lot of moisturizing lip products are often sticky. However, this product does not. Now onto my favorite part.....the smell!!! I usually do not like minty lip products because I feel like I would just rather have a fruity flavor on my lips. However, this lip blam smells just like thin mints and I love girl scout cookies!!! Besides, who wouldnt want to smell like a cookie???

4.) Next up is my J Crew nail polish. I was in the mall with my mom and we went in and I saw this purpleish color that I really liked but I was kind of skeptical about buying a non-name brand polish. But I decided to try it anyway and I am so glad that I did!! Seriously it is the longest lasting polish I have ever tried ever!! I put it on my nails and literally did not see a chip for a full week and it was fabulous! I also really liked the formula because it comes out thick enough that you only need one coat but not so thick that it is clumpy. It literally looks like you got a manicure and it is gorgeous and I can not wait to go back and get some more so I suggest that you go check them out. When I was there they had 3 other colors I think.

5.) Now time for a random favorite because you gotta have a few of those right?? Right now I am loving my photo album thingy that I bought a long time ago because I decided to start a picture collection for my senior year and maybe continue it into college so I will have another place for my memories. I really like doing these kinds of things like I have a memory box and a diary as well that I keep all my memories and thoughts in.

6.) My last favorite of the month is my Iphone 5!!!! My origional 4 broke so then I got a refurbished one and that broke so I got the 5 and it was totally worth it!! It is a bit bigger which I do not like because it does not fit in my pockets as easy but it is lighter, faster, and takes better pictures so it is absoluetely amazing and I deff reccomend it.

And that is it for this months favorites!! Leave a comment below and let me know what you had loved for the month of June!!
xoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who