Skip to main content

12-27-12 Project Runway All Stars Review

Hey guys! I am back with another Project Runway All Stars review! I love this show so much and really enjoyed this episode so before I start rambling about stuff I am going to go ahead and get into the review. Again, I will not reveal who won or who went out just in case you have not seen the episode yet. Oh and these are my opinions, they do not necessarity the same as the judges.

The Challenge: To make a wow, ready to wear look from the fabrics in the wear house of  Elie Tahari.
*****Fun Fact!! My mom's friend's daughter just got a job working for him******

Ivy: Again, really glad to see her come into her own this season. I applaud her choice of fabric because not only was it beautiful, but it was out of her comfort zone, and at this point in the competition, you can not afford to play it safe. However, the dress was a train wreck. I did not like the lenght because it was in a weird spot. It looked like the girl was wearing a dress that was too short on her because it didnt quite reach the ground. I know that she did this because they reacted to her comment of "the buyer can hem it to their lenght but she didnt want to cut the fabric" however, I am one of those short girls who could not wear that dress at full length and her cropping it slightly would not have made a difference for this shortie. I also didnt like the black belt. It looked a bit crafty.

Uli: I am glad to see her friendship with Ivy because I felt like she was very much on her own for a lot of the show.  Personally, I was not a fan of the frige detailing on the top. However, it was deff not made for a younger person like myself. It was totally a middle aged person's dress and for that I think it was good. It covered all that a middle aged women would want to cover and showed what she would want to show. I was watching the show with my mom and she really liked this dress.

Emilo: I think that one of Emilo's strengths is that his stuff is always really well made. This dress I think also catered to an older audience. It was a longer length and had some what on camera looked like maroon detailing which was great because it broke up the yellow a bit. Was it ready to wear? I dont know. But it was deff a good dress and was well spent effort. He did a solid job this week.

Anthoney Ryan: Loved loved LOVED this dress!! The placement of the patterning was fabulous as well as the addition of the black pannels on the side. I am an absoluete sucker for snake print and stretchy black material. This dress was very ready to wear and deff something that I would try on if I saw it in a store. What worries me about Anthoney is that he always, no fail, uses blue black and white. So far they have not picked up on it in the judging  but it is something to think about. With that said, I love this guy. He seems like such a genuine guy and I think that he fufills the role of becoming a face on the show via winning.  Overall, this was my favorite look this week. Another good one for Anthoney Ryan.

Joshua: Oy. This week was a struggle for him. Josh is honeslty one of the nicest people ever. We tweet and FB once and a while and I ask him my questions about design (just starting out) and he answers and he is so nice to his fans. I love him as a designer and as a person. As I said before, his style is most like mine and I would probably wear almost anything that he made and I REALLY want him to win this season. With that said. The pink material and the lace together I realy loved. What I dont get is why he did not put a bra on that girl. She did not need to have saggy boob syndrom. Honestly, a good strapless bra would have done the trick. The zipper issue?  I dont even really know what to say except ooopse?  I dont think the problem came from over designing this week actually. Josh has a very hard, edgy style and he flourishes when he has materials that go with his style. This week he chose feminine materials and made and edgy dress and they just did not go well together. I feel like whenever he encounters a problem it is from mixing edgy with feminine materials. I hope he really works it so that he makes the final because he is diserving and he can do it, if he pulls it off. Next week can not be another bust for him or it will be the end of the road.

Okay, and that is my review for this week's Project Runway All Stars! I am SO looking foward to next week's episode and I hope that you watch! If you have not yet seen this weeks, you should totally go check it out. It is absoluetely worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who