Skip to main content

Project Runway All Satrs 12-20-12 Review

Last night on my favorite show, Project Runway All Stars, the designers participated in a fashion face off. For those of you who dont know, Project Runway is a reality show on Lifetime Network where fashion designers complete challenges in competition for a huge prize. Each weak, the designer with the worst/lowest scoring outfit goes home. Project Runway All Stars features the best of the best from Project Runway where the designers are thrown back into the competition. This week the show was down to the top 6.
This weeks challenge was to create a modern outfit updated but inspired by the 1920's. The designers were put against eachther in paris. Each pair got a different look that they were required to make. Creating evining dresses was seaon 9 designer Anthony Ryan against season 8 designer Ivy. Making afternoon party wear were seaon 7 runner up Emlo and season 9 runner up Joshua. Finally, Laura Kathaleen went up against Uli. If you want to hear the judges opinions on their clothing, visit the Project Runway All Stars web page and watch the show. It was very good so I reccomend that you do. However, for those of you who havent seen it yet, I dont want to give too much away so I am going to go ahead and tell you what I thought of everyones final products.

Ivy: I really loved the material that she chose. It was very sophistocated and it had lotts of bedazzle. I love glitz and glamor so that was deff a positive for me from her. The dress was boxy and  it looked like it was too big for her. I give her a lot of cudos because she has improved SO much as a designer since her season. She has really brought her A-Game for All Stars and I am happy to see her improving.

Uli: I dont know what to think of this. As a designer, I think Uli is very consistant. However, she gravitates toward the same thing all the time. She loves to mix beads and extras all over her dress. She also usually stays in the white and silver sceme. This week, was no exception. With that said, all of the dresses that she has made this season are very pretty and are well made. This week she added a little scarf to her design which I'm not quite sure it went with the dress she made but as an individual piece, I loved it! Her dress was also pretty, but again looked very familiar.

Anthoney Ryan: This week, Anthoney left the blue behind but kept his singerature black. He made a tight little black dress under a gold and black boxy cover with a feather shall. I liked this dress a lot. I think that it really captured the idea of mixing the 1920's with modern day. This was a hard challenge becasue the 20's were so conservative, and today we are not. Anthoney did a fabulous job of blending the eras and adhearing to the challenge. His dress was also very youthful and fun. He is another designer that I am happy to see come into his own. He was at the top of the pack in his season but fell short of the final. This time, he has won the most number of challenges and stands a good chance at winning the whole thing. I am very happy for him.

Laura Kathaleen: Laura I think, suffers from the one dementional issue. All of her clothing looks the same. Last week she won with a palatzo pant and made another pair this week. In the 20's girls did not wear pants. This outfit was totally of the mark of the challenge. The pants were also not my favorite pant that she has ever made. However, the top was so pretty. It was red and incorporated the tassling and I thought that it was inovative and really really good.

Emlio: This week, Emilo made a floral printed dress that went down to about mid claf. It had some lace cut outs in the neck line and on the back. In addition, it was tight fitted and had a belt. This dress was really solid. The dress was deff one of the strongest ones and I loved that he went for an older audience in the 1920's, not the typical young flapper that you think about when considering the 20's. He did a good job this week. As a designer, I think that he is solid. I would like to see a bit more from him. He made some georgous gowns in his season and I would like to see a revival of those from him. He has huge potential.

Joshua: Okay, Josh is my favorite desinger. I absoluetely love his estetic and his personality. As I mentioned before, I love a good bedazzle and Josh delievers that all the time.This week was also very solid for him. He made a purple drapped dress with a gem on the front and an electric green strip on the back. I loved this look and I think that it adhered very well to the challenge. Interestingly, he also aimed his dress at an older member of the time period. Im not quite sure what I thought about the floral bag and shoes with this dress. Joshua was soooo good on his season and brought a tone of creativity to the table. This season, I feel like he is ging very safe. He has not won any challenges yet which confuses me. Last weeks's bra top was very classic Joshua and I hope he continues to bring it full force like that every week ,just as he did in his season. I do not want him to fall short of the final. He belongs there.

Okay, that is my review of this weeks Project Runway All Stars! The next episode airs on Tursday at 9/8 Centrual on lifetime. Be sure to watch and check back here for my review! Auf Wiedersehen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who