Skip to main content

Surviving Gym Swim

The swimming unit is probably the most dreaded unit in high school gym. Right now, we are doing the swim unit at my school so I thought that I would share some tips on how to survive swimming and still look decent for the rest of the day. I will provide some links and pictures at the bottom so that you can check out some of the items I am talking about if you are interested.
1.) This is kind of cliche, but having a good attitude helps. If you have a good attitude about swimming, the class period will not feel like it drags on forever. A bad attitude leads you to watching the clock which makes the period seem so long.
2.) Try to wear undergarments that are eaist to get on and off. You don't want to waist your changing time on not being able to get your undergarments on.
*My friend has this Towel Wrap which is great because it velcros on and you can change under it without having to worry about the towel falling off. I have not picked it up yet myself but I borrowed hers and it worked great!   3.) Wear nice clothing. This may sound weird because you would think that with all the wetness, sloppy clothing would be best. However, you know your hair and makeup are not going to be as good as normal, so it is good to try with your outfit so at least if the rest is a disaster, you still have something to make you look fabulous.
4.) Wear watterproof makeup and goggles. This is really helpful because you will only have to worry about touch up after swim which should save you time. If you keep your goggles on the whole time, your makeup will stay intact better.
 *My favorite goggles are by speedo because you can suction them on really tight so that no water gets in.
5.) Okay I have really curly hair so I am sure that this routine will not work for everyone but I am going to share some tips on what I do to manage my hair after swim.
-Put hair in a ponytail when you are in the pool an do not wear a bathing cap (bathing cap will result in half of your hair being damp and half dry so it will be harder to manage.)
-After swimming, go straight to your locker and comb out the tail.
-Next pull out your hair tie and comb out all of your hair.
-Then shake your hair out and put it up in a towel.
-Get dressed while your hair is up
-Then take it out of the turbin and spray it with garnier curl sculpting gel. (Usually I use two products but because of the chlorine, I only need to use one)
-Now just let it air dry and your curls should look as if you never went into the pool
*Whats great about the gel is that it makes your hair smell like the gel and not like Chlorine!!
6.) Bring the makeup you put on in the morning with you so that you can touch up and put on your normal amount.

I hope these little tips help you survive the swimming unit! I have been doing this for all of high school and it works very well for me so hopefully it will work just as well for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who