Skip to main content

1-17-13 Project Runway All Stars FINAL Review

Hey guys!!! I am back with my final review of the season!! I just wana start off with a quick thank you to all of my readers who have been following this series!! I have had so much fun watching and reviewing this season!!! Even though All Stars is over, Project Runway will not be going off the air...so check back here starting next week for my reviews on Project Runway Season 11 Teams!
**This review will not reveal the winner**

Challenge: Each of the finalists will be making a mini collection. They could show as many pieces as they wanted and they got to choose one fellow designer to help them out.

Uli: Uli chose Casanova as her helper. In true Casanova style, he took a bit of a nap on that sofa during the episode...it must be on comfortable sofa! Lol. Anyway, Uli's theme was Winter Wonderland. This theme did not surprise me at all since her stuff all season could be categorized as Winter Wonderland. The only difference was that this version of winter wonderland was a bit more creepy than her usual. She used a lot for silver and brownish toned shimmery fabric, and of course, a tone of feathers. my favorite piece out of this collection was a little silver dress with shoulder pad, a zipper down the side, and feathers on one of the shoulders. I thought that this dress was absolutely stunning and a unique piece that anyone could wear to an event to stand out and feel good. I also liked the feathering at the top of her brown gown...however....I wish that the feathering was just a jacket and not part of a dress. Overall, this collection confused me. There were not a lot of stand out pieces and it didn't feel very Uli to me. She took this line in a very creepy, or as the judges called it, psychotic direction. Don't get me wrong, I love a dark mood in a fashion line, but to me this seemed to take it a bit to far. I really did not like the styling either. The hair on the models was very voluminous and sleeked back and short. I did not like this due because I felt like it would have lightened up the collection a bit if the girls had worn their hair down. Her theme was winter wonderland....but it did not read like that to me at all. It was very "I can see the kite fly" (if you don't get what I mean watch the dance number "I can see the kite fly" from dance moms).

Emilo: I absolutely loved Emilo's concept for his collection!!! I was so happy to see him find something concrete and go with it. The judges said that they felt that he was all over the place during the season and this collection really gave them a picture of who he is as a designer...I could not agree more. This collection was much more in keeping with the stuff that he made on his season. The name of his collection was Urban Plantation. Emilo mentioned that his mother worked in a factory and it was evident from what he was saying the he used his family history and the history of the fashion industry in America as the inspiration for his collection. Of the three, this was the most in depth theme and I loved that. I also think that having a personal theme drove him to work to his full potential. It is always easier to design when you believe in the concept of your design. My favorite piece in Emilo's collection was his red jump suit. It was made out of a red fabric, had a plunged neck line and cinched in at the waste with a little tie belt. This jumpsuit was absolutely divine. I would buy this any day and every day. It also matched perfectly with the little head bands that all of his models were wearing. His collection was red, black, white and this multi-colored pattern. Out of the pattern he made a jacket which was shown with a black pair of pants. I really liked this jacket as well. It was deff a statement piece. Overall, this was a pretty good collection. A job well done by Emilo.

Anthony Ryan: Anthony Ryan originally asked Joshua to be his helper and Josh said that he was tired and that he wasn't going to be able to help him...so Anthony went with Kane. Josh and Anthony Ryan are best friends, and Josh declining the opportunity to help Anthony was neither mean spirited nor hurtful to their friendship. During the episode, Anthony Ryan tweeted that the part of the show where the finalists picked their helpers was filmed the day after Josh got eliminated and that he really was not up to it and that there is no bad blood between them. I think that it sucks that these guys  were put in the position where Joshua wouldnt be up to helping Anthony but I am glad that he didn't do it if he wasn't feeling up to it. I mean, if I had just been eliminated...I wouldn't have been feeling up to it either. Anthony Ryan's final collection was called The Thin Line. All of his stuff was very structural and as always in the color scheme of Blue, Black, White, Gray, and Yellow. My favorite piece of the collection was the first one he sent down the runway. The top of the dress was a blue long sleeve turtle neck with a high cut open back, and the bottom was a long black skirt. This dress moved fabulously and looked really expensive. This was probably one of my favorite pieces of the of the final and it received a very warm reception by the judges; Issac even called it the best dress ever on Project Runway. This collection was very well made and very cohesive. I also felt that it really went with his theme both literally and metaphorically.

Sadly that concludes my reviews of Project Runway All Stars. I am honestly going to miss this show. I loved getting to see my all time favorite designer back on the show (even if he didn't get to the finals) and I loved getting to know some of the designers from early seasons that I did not watch. Over all, I think it was a supper successfull season. If you have not yet gotten a chance to watch the final or want to know who won, go on over to lifetime's website and give it a watch!!! Again, thank you to all my readers and I hope you check back next week for my review on Season 11!!!
XOXO

*****When the winner releases his or her capsule collection, I will give that a review. I will also be reviewing Mondo's capsule collection when ever it comes out.*****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who