Skip to main content

12 All Time Beauty Favorites of 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! Today I am going to be showing you a few of my all time favorite beauty products!! These are all items that I find myself reaching for every single day. I absoluetely love every single one of these products and highly reccomend them. So...here we go!

1.) Below is an image of my first all time favorite. This product is a blush by Almay. This blush is a light rosey pink and it has a shimmery finish. With blush, I fins that it is very eaisy to get carried away with yourself and wear too much. Blush often comes out much stronger than you anticipate, so I like to use a lighter blush and then just apply as much of it as I need, rather than applying one stroke of darker blush and already having too much. Another reason I love this product is because it does not block my poors. Often blushes block poors and casue breakouts...and no one likes break outs (especially if you already suffer from acne or any other skin condition). This product is great for sensitive skin as it is not irritaing in any way. I really love this blush and I use it every single day. Like honestly, I rarely use anything else, so I reccomend that you give it a try and hopefully it will work as well for you as it has for me.


2.) This next product is also by Almay. It is the Almay bronzer. This product is perfect for me because it is a little darker than my skin tone so it really tans me. I love this in the winter time because it gives me that summer tan glow which is long gone. This product is like a dark tan and it has a glittery finish. I use this product every day in the winter. I dont usually use it as much in the ssummer because I work at a day camp and get really tan. Like the Almay blush, this product is fabulous for sensitive skin because it does not cause any kind of irritation and it does not block your poors. Another thing that I love about this product is that when you wear it, you do not need to wear any foundation. Personally, I do not like to wear foundation because it always blocks my poors so this always comes in handy for me. Both this product and the Almay blush product can be purchased at any drug store, target, or in the food store.

3&4.) The next picture that I am showing you includes two hair products by Garnier. I am not going to talk very much about this product because I have a whole video on my hair care routine on my beauty channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI38EY5Dayutv-GBEtGhZsQ But I thought that I should include them at least a litlle bit because I use them almost every single day of my life and they have really solved my frizzy hair problem.


5.) The next product on my list is....EYELINER!! And if you know me, you know how much I love black eyeliner. This is probably my favorite all time favorite. Black eyeliner is an absoluete necessity for me. I can not not not go without it. I love the way it looks and I do not leave the house without it on. Like I love black eyeliner. Over the years I have tried out so many different brands and types but this is the combo that works best for me.They are both Lancome eyeliners. I know that they are kind of pricy but it is deff worth the money. I got the crayon one on sale during the Nordsrom annaversary sale so if you want to purchase it, that would be a good time to check it out. The pensil one my Aunt gave me as a gift so I am not exactly what deals are around on that one. I find that a lot of liners smudge or do not last the whole day but these absoluetely last the whole day and stay in place. I like to use the Crayon eyeliner on my upper lash line and upper watter line. It is perfect because it goes on so quickly and perfectly! I never miss my lined or make smudges with this crayon liner. The pencil liner I use on my lower lash line and lower watter line. I like to use liner on both my lash line and watter because, like I said, I love eyeliner. So I reccomend both of these so much, you will never ever want to use any other liner after you have tried out these and you will get every cent of use out of them.

 6.) My next beauty favorite I absoluetely love. This product is an eyeshadow glitter by Ulta. This came in a huge kit that I had to get for dance competition like 7 years ago. As you can tell, this product has lasted me very very very long. I am not sure if you can purchase it individualy but I am sure that they sell something like it. This shadow is a powdery white. I also have a pink tinted one that I keep in my dance bag. (Why? Im not sure....)What I love about this product is that you can use it on your eyes to give some extra sparkel, as eyeshadow alone, or on your face. I like to use it along with my blush because I love glitter and sparkles and I like to add some glitz to my cheeks. I find myslef reaching for this product soooo often. I wanted to share this with you because I think it is a really unique and versitile product which is always fun to play around with.


7.) The next product I use almost every day of my life. (Sorry the picture is in the wrong direction) It has basically replaced all of my other eyeshadows and lip products and it is my Lancome palet. Last summer at the Nordstrom anniveristy sale, my mom and I got these on a great deal along with my eyeliner, and a few little other products that they were giving away if you spent a certain amount of money on makeup. I love this thing. It is worth every penny I paid for it. Personally, I use gray, blue, or purple tones on my eyes almost every day. I think that they look best with my skin tone, and have developed a routine that I can eaisly turn to when I need my makeup to look perfect. And of corse, I use neutral tones when the colors do not match my outfit. This palet is perfect because it has all of that in one. It is very long lasting because there are so many different colors that you can choose from that you are not just using the same one everyday and using it all up. Moving onto the blush section. I really love the tan color. It is a perfect bronzing color for me. I also like it because I do not need to use foundation when I use this color and I am not a fan of foundation because it always blocks my pores. The peachy pink colors is also great because it is so pigmented and you only need a little bit to get the effect that you want. Also, it has a tone of glitter in it and I love glitter. The lip section is great because it has every lip gloss and lip stick color that you could ever imagine...and bonus for me... Im not allergic to it! As I mentioned before, I am allergic to a tone of lip products so when I find something that I am not allergic to I use it alot. SO if you are like me and have allergies to beauty products, I totally reccomend this one to you.


8.) The next favorite is the Aveno body lotion. I love this lotion. People say that it smells like oatmeal but it really does not. It smells really fresh and does not leave stickey resadue on the body. Again, for people with beauty product allergies, this is a great one because the sent is really mild and hypoallergenic. It is literaly the only lotion I ever use...like ever. I use it at night after my shower and it leaves my legs soooo smooth and silkey in the morning. It is really inexpencive and you can get it at target or the drug store. This line also has a tone of other products as well if you want to check them out. I have not tried them out but I deff wouldnt be opposed to doing so in the future.


9.) The next product is my favorite perfume! I got the pink one as a gift from a friend like a million years ago before I started wearing perfume but I wasnt allergic to it when I tried it so I decided to keep it around. Now I only use it for special occations becaue it is discontinued. It is the Nollie Live. The green one I actually just picked up at the mall a few weeks ago and I loooove it. It is the perfect light sent with the perfect combo of fruity and floral sents. I love it so much and use it every single day. It is such a good product! You can get the green Nollie at Pack Sun in the mall.


10.) Okay, the next favorite is not a beauty product but I kinda think that it has to do with inner beauty and self expression so I guess it counts. These are little pink notebooks! You can get them in what ever color you want but pink is my favorite so that is what I got them in. I always have so many Ideas and I keep them with me wherever I go so that I can wright down my thoughts and not forget them. I have been doing this as long as I can remember and I use them so often. I would deff reccomend little notebooks like these becuase they fit eaisly into a purse. I got mine at Michaels Craft but I am sure you can get them almost anywhere if you are interested.


11.) This beauty product is a pink eyeshadow by covergirl. I wish I could tell you which one it is but the sticker came off when I opened it so I will include it next time I purchase this product. I love this eyeshadow! This is like the millionth time I have repurchased this over the year. This eyeshadow is a little shimmery and verrry pigmented. I like to use this color as a highlight color. I know that most people like to use a more neutral color as their highlight color but I tryed the pink highlight for a show like 8 years ago and I realllllyyy liked how it looked and it kinda stuck. I think that the pink highligh is really a unique touch to any makeup look. I really reccomend using this pink eyeshadow for it because it dosent come out too dark. When doing a pink highlight, you really have to be careful that you do not choose a dark pink because it will not come out looking good. I also love to use this pink in the outer corner or in the crease for a purple eyeshadow look. Usually, I go for that when I am going out with friends or family or guys or if it is just a special event. So this product can literally be purchased anywhere that sells makeup and it isnt too expensive. I use it every day like no exaduration and it usually lasts me about a year or more so you get every sent of your money in use out of it.


12.) Okay so this is my LAST favorite favorite of 2012! It is......the Garnier makeup remover wipes!!! I love these and use them every day. I use to use babyoil but it always left my eyes oily and gross. I like these because they take my makeup off in like on or two wipes which makes it supper quick and it also does not leave any resadue on my eyes. I have tried several removers and I feel like these work the best for me. They are not sented which I like because I tried a pack of sented ones once and they made my eyes itch and they took longer to remove all of my makeup. These wipes are also very convienient because they can fit into any little purse or bag if you are not going to be home when you are taking off your makeup. They are also great for corrrecting mistakes when you are doing your makeup without having to remove the entire eye look. When I make a mistake, I just tightly wrap the remover around my pointer finger or my pinkey and rub it off. The only down side to this product is that it is not long lasting because you can not reuse a wipe once it is dried up. This means that you end up repurchaseing it like every other week or so if you use it every day like me. With that said, I still reccomend that you try it out and see if it works for you.


ANNNNNNNNNNNND that brings us to the end of my 12 All Time Favorites of 2012!! I hope you enjoyed this post and found a few new things that you would like to try out!! If you have a top 12 of 2012, please feel free to link me to it in the comment section or leave a video reponce on my beauty channel...I would love to see what your favorite products of the past year were!
Talk to you next time,
xoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who