Skip to main content

January 2013 Favorites!!!!!

Hey guys!! January has flown by so fast!! New Years feels literally like yesterday!!! But the end of January means that we are one step closer to Valentines Day and Spring. It also means that it is time for a favorites post!! So without further rambling...here are my favorites for January 2013. :)

1.) My first favorite of the month is my Maybelle Blush Brush. I have never actually used a blush brush before and I decided to give it a try and it is SO much better than the little brushes they come with. I got mine at target, and it was very affordable...so if you are looking for your first blush brush...this is a good one for you!! I'm not goina lie, I was not in love with it when I first started using it because the bristles are not soft and fluffy. However, it did get softer over time. What I like about it is that it is the perfect size for my face. Some brushes are so big that they end up putting the product in the wrong places on my face, but this brush is the perfect size and gets the product exactly where I want it. I am actually planning to go to Sephora and buy a higher end, softer blush brush; but I decided to include this one in my favorites because I have literally used it every single day all month. I am not sure if you can purchase this product online, but I will leave a link to Target's online store so that you can give it a look and see if you can purchase it from the web.


2.) Next up on my January favorites list is my foundation!! I am just goina start out by saying that this is the ONLY foundation I use...ever.  It is the Max Factor foundation. Unfortunately, it was discontinued but I'm good because when they discontinued it, I bought like a TON of it lol. I am in the shade 117. I love this foundation because it gives different levels of coverage. It comes dry and can be used as a powder foundation for light coverage or you can wet it and use it as a liquid foundation. For every day purposes, I use it as a powder because I just like to give my face an even finish, but I don't need full coverage. However, when I am in a show, or I am going to be taking pictures for something or I am going somewhere fancy I use it wet and get a fabulous full coverage. I love it because it tans me really naturally without making me look orange. In addition, it does not clog my pours too badly. I don't like to try other foundations because they all clog my pours so I am happy sticking with this one.


3.) My next favorite is grip bobby pins. My mom bought me these for Ballett and they are the best things ever!! I go through bobby pins like water. Seriously, I lose them EVERYWHERE! Honestly, its just a bad habit. But I am trying sooooo hard not to lose these!!! Over 15 years of dance I've tried sooo many bobby pins and these are my all time favorite and I have used them so much this month. They are black and they are long and they have little waves in them that make them stay in your hair. I have pretty thick and voluminous hair so getting it up into a bun is never an easy task. Usually, I need literally almost an entire pack of the regular long pack to keep my bun in while turing in dance. With these, I only need a few...like a normal amount to keep my bun secure. Its fabulous because I do not have to worry about my hair while I am dancing. I also have been using them for school because I don't have to re-do my hair in the middle of the day when my bobby pins fall out. I do not know where they came from, but I absolutely recommend buying them!!

4.) Another favorite this month  is my Maybelline eye brow shadow. I have had this product for literally ever, but I didn't start loving it until recently. I don't know why, but I was never really big on eyebrows. However, lately, I have taken up doing my eyebrows and they looks so much better!! I like to use the shadow as opposed to an eyebrow pencil because it looks more natural.  I don't like the look of drawn in eyebrows and this shadow does not create that harsh look so it really works for me. Also, it goes on really evenly so its not like I really have to spend too much time on it when I am getting ready for school. My mom has the same product and has been using it for years and hasn't had to repurchase it at all. A small amount of this product goes a really long way so I absolutely recommend it. I think that you can probably purchase it from any drug store or Target as it is not a high end product.


5.) Okay this is not a beauty favorite but is more of a fashion favorite...Pearl earrings!! I am usually more of a loud dresser; think Adam Lambert's style sorta on a girl and your on the right track (and yes in case you did not know, I LOVE Adam Lambert so much!!). Pearl earrings do not really go in keeping with my style, but I have been really loving them this month. I really don't know why but I haven't really been into big earrings lately and I have found myself reaching for them a lot this month. My mom, sister and I made my grandmother a Julia Child themed birthday party a few years ago and we all dressed up like Julia Child, so we bough pearl jewelry. Its kind of been sitting in my collection ever since but recently I have been getting a lot of wear out of it. Its kinda random for me but has been a favorite this month, so I had to include it. My pearl earrings came from target and  I know that you can still find them there.



6.) This is another random accessory favorite for me. I am not much of a shopper at Forever 21. I know that's weird because so many people my age love that sore. Its not that I don't like it (actually I always love what I see there), its just that everyone shops there and I want to have more unique clothing so that I don't see myself coming and going yah know?? However, I went to the mall with my friend over winter break and we went into Forever 21 and I found this  gold plated tribal looking ring that I really liked.  I have honestly gotten more wear out of this ring than I get out of some of my other jewelry in a year. I love it because it goes with so much! I don't know if it is still at Forever 21, but if you like it, I know that they had it in silver as well so head on over to your mall and check it outttt.


Okay that is all of my favorites for this month! I know I didn't have a lot but yeah. Leave a comment below and tell me what your favorites were for the month of January, and if you liked any of my favorites and want to try them out go for it and leave me a comment after and tell me what you think.
xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who