Skip to main content

The Prom Problem: Bras (Clean)

Bras for Prom. I have been asked about this so so so much in the past few weeks that I decided to use it as the topic for my first episode. Most Proms take place in the spring time or early summer. Therefore, it is generally hot outside and most girls buy strapless dresses or dresses with thin straps or halters. All of those interesting necklines are fabulous, however, they create the bra problem.

A Strapless Solution:
 Girls with larger breasts know that strapless bra's never stay up (I am one of those girls so if you are thinking "Oh thats me!"I absolutely feel yah). Recently I purchased the best strapless bra that I have ever owned and it would be the perfect solution to that strapless dress, so I thought that I would share it with you guys.

 I ordered a black bra and a skin toned one. They come in a multitude of colors so you can pick the one that blends in with your dress the best. I do not have a dress yet for my prom but I needed these for dance so I went ahead and ordered them in the colors that match my costumes.

These strapless bra's are by Bali and in style 3427. They have a good amount of padding and underwire. I find that padding and underwire especially, are essentials for strapless bra's that stay up. I have yet to find a strapless without underwires that is any more supportive than a bando. This bra gives support to any breast size. It is also really comfortable. The last set of strapless bras that I had had this rubber on the inside, soposivtely to keep them up, but honestly, it just made them extra tight and uncomfortable and no one wants to be pulling at their breasts all night in front of everyone (or maybe they do?? But seriously, save that for private ;) ). That is not the case at all with these bra's.

I included pictures of the tags so that you can get an idea of what to look for in case you do go shopping for this bra. I know that they are kind of hard to read so I'm just going to go ahead and tell you guys all of the important stuff on them. The first one is the clearest and it simply states that that the bra has concealing petals inside of it. If you do not know what concealing petals are, basically, they are flower shaped padding that goes over the nipple area of the bra so that your nipples can not be seen through it. I think that this is a fabulous feature because in my eyes, there is nothing more tacky then seeing the outline of nipples through a bra and therefore through your outfit. The second ticket says the brand name (again these bra's are by Bali) and the style number is up at the top. The back of that tig just has copy wright and a bunch of stuff like that on it. The third tag is the tag that has the size on it. The size is usually in the spot on the tag that I ripped off (the whole internet dosent need to know my bra size lol).I did actually want to talk a bit about sizing though. I did not purchase this bra in my normal size. I went up one cup letter and down one number. The bras fit like a glove so it was deff worth deviating from my normal size. However, that is deff something to keep in mind when purchasing these strapless bra's. The style number is again located on the colored part of the tag. Below that is the bar code, and at  the bottom is the price. The price of my black bra was $36.00.

Another great feature about this bra, is that it does come with straps and strap hooks so that you can turn it into a halter or a full strap bra should you choose to do so.It has three hooks and three rows of hooks so you can adjust it to what ever size is the most comfortable. Of course these straps are thin and adjustable and are perfectly useable under a halter gown...but this brings me to the next item which I want to talk about that I think is an even better solution to tha halter bra.

Invisible Comfort:
Halter dresses can be stunning, but you wouldnt want to tack up your dress with your bra straps showing right?? And it does have a strap...so why deal with a strapless bra??? Well, I have a solution for you that will give you the best of both worlds.

I introduce to you the clear strap bra. I do not remember which site I ordered this off of but I do remember that it was a bit pricy. However, it was absolutely worth the price. I have gotten so much use out of this bra, and it would be perfect for prom. Between the two cups is a clear strap, so if your dress is low cut, no worries. The straps are clear and adjustable and the back is clear as well. What is amazing about this bra is that there are a million ways to wear it. It has three holes in the back to place the straps in so you can really arrange it any way that you want. One of the straps does not detach completely and the other does. This allows you us use it as a halter. I have done that before and it is super comfortable. I know you are probably thinking "what if you see the plastic?" honestly, you dont. I know that you can see it in the picture, but on a body and under a dress it is as good as gone. The only thing that I have to warn you about, is to make sure that the color of your dress does not blead; because if it does and it stains the clear part...you will see it. 

On the left side, it does have hooks (two hooks and two rows) so that you can get it on and off easily. Please take not how on the part where the plastic is over the bra, you can not see it at all. This bra is great because not only does it solve the problem of seeing straps, but it solves the problem of the bra peeking out of a low cut front and it peeking out of a sexy back. This is a great univeral bra to use for prom and it is worth the investment as you will absolutely use it again in the future.
That ends todays episode of The Prom Problem!! I hope this was helpful to you guys and as always, if you have any specific requests for this series...just comment below and I will do a post for you. :)
xoxo
*side note, all of these pordutcs that I take about in these series are totally my opinions. No one is sponcering me to do this*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who