Skip to main content

Top Five Best Dressed Academy Awards 2013

Hey guys! Since the Oscars were on last night, I thought that today would be the perfect day to do a Best Dressed list :) I am not going to do a worst dressed list, however, I will be detailing my top five dresses of the night in order from number 5 all the way up to number 1! Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the end of the show BUT I am so happy that Jennifer Lawrence won best actress!!! I am so happy for her!! Anyway, back onto the fashion.....

5.) Kerry  Washington- I loved this dress!! The color looked fabulous on her as well as the fit of the dress. I loved that she actually went for color since so many people take to black and neutrals on the red carpet. The glittery top was stunning followed by the little bow and the long skirt. The top half of this dress was really what stood out to me. I liked this immediately when I saw it. It was different in the best of ways and I think that it made Kerry look absolutely fabulous for a fabulous night.

4.) Nicole Kidman- This dress was amazing!! I loved the neck line and the cut of this dress. It was just body con enough but not so much that she looked like a sausage. I thought that the gold and black sequins were absolutely stunning!! There is not better way to hit the red carpet than in a glittery gown!! In addition, the gold circles at the bottom added a fun little touch to the dress that completed it.  I loved how this dress was edgy with the sequins, but yet remained classy. That to me, is the perfect combination for the red carpet!!

3.) Stacy Keibler- Okay, now I have to tell you guys...Stacy's season of Dancing With The Stars was the first season that I had ever watched and she was so good and I had no idea who she was but rooted and voted for her the whole time. With that said, I didn't even recognize her at first!! Her new brown hair color looks really good on her! I actually think I like it better than the blond; she doesn't look washed out as a brunet. As for her dress. I am not usually a fan of that neck line, but I loved this dress!! I think that the little round studs all over the dress were outstanding and it, again, was a fabulous mix of edgy and classy. Stacy's dress was unique and she looked absolutely gorgeous!!

1 and 1a.) Jennifer Lawrence and Hallie Berry- I can't choose!! I loved both of these women's dresses soooo much and for totally different reasons. I would probably give Hallie the 1 and Jennifer the 1a, but neither of these dresses deserved a 2. If you haven't already gotten the picture...the more glam the better in my eyes....Hallie's dress was fabulous with the black and silver glitter stripes, the sleeves and the little pieces across the lover chest area made the dress!!! I loved this so much!! I never wear dresses with sleeves, but I would wear this in a heart beat! It looked stunning with her styling and it really just stood out among all of the other dresses last night. Now onto Jennifer. Jennifer Lawrence is seriously my favorite actress. Honestly, I am not a big movie person so I like never know anyone's name but I know her. The Hunger Games was one of my all time favorite movies and Silver Lining's Playbook I have not seen yet but plan on watching it as soon as it comes out on DVD. I am so glad that she won best actress because I think that she really deserves it. In my eyes, she is the next Meryl Streep. Jennifer is always very classy with her choice in clothing. This is actually the only non-sparkly dress on my list and I am putting it all the way up at number 1. The bridal esq gown with the huge trail was regal looking and made her look as fabulous as she is!! Last night was her night and she looked like it. I think that it was the perfect dress for her last night as it really captured the entire ceremony and her role in it. (Also, do you think it is a coincidence that she was in a bridal esq gown and will be "getting married" in Catching Fire???)

And that is my Best Dressed list for this years Academy Awards!!! Let me know if you agree with my list, and who your top five best dressed were in the comment section below.
xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who