Skip to main content

3-14-13 Project Runway Season 11 Review!!

Hey guys! I am so sorry that I did not get my review done for last week's episode!! I did watch it but I was snowed in with homework and couldn't get it done :(  But I am back now and am so glad to be back because I honestly love writing this series!!Since I did not review last week, I am just gonna give a few quick thoughts on the episode. I LOVED the challenge!!!! I thought that most of the dresses came out nice and absolutely agreed with the winner and who went home. The challenge made me look forward to Prom and honestly made me want to make a duct tape dress.....Anyway, on to this week's episode we goooo!! As per usual, I will not reveal any spoilers in this blog and these are my opinions, they do not necessarily correspond with the opinions of the judges.

Challenge: To create a men's-wear rip away outfit for incredibly built dancers. This week, the teams were of four and they all worked on different pieces in three looks. I am going to try to hit what everyone made, but if I forget anything, please feel free to leave a comment below and let me know.
Team Shine and Hip:
Layanna, Samantha, Amanda and Richard: Oh boy, this team was a hot mess. The girls were clearly ganging up on Richard from day one and...I hate to say it chikas...but he was right all along. The challenge was to dress hot male dancers!! Dancers were rhinestones, and sparkles and glitter and gems and jewels; girl guy we all wear them. You never really see dancers in business clothing because it is too stiff to move well in. Hip-Hop dancers are the only ones who are not usually glammed out, but they still have more style than this group gave their men. Their looks were button up shirts, with jackets and pants. I felt like this group should have listened to Richard's "over the top" suggestions instead of worrying about it being to much. Project Runway rule of thumb, it is always better to have to much than too little. I think that the judges were looking for something a bit outrages this week and instead they got a really long week in the office. My biggest problem with this collection was the lack of color, the pants that were literally busting, the ill-fitting jacket and the collars. The collars honestly looked chewed up and spit out. Honestly, if you don't know how to make a  mans collar...now is not the time to try...make something else.The one positive thing about this teams outfits was that they all ripped off really easily. Obviously, the guys want a clean performance when they disrobe so that is deff a plus.  My biggest suggestion going forward for the girls on this team is this: everyone has an ego...you just cant feed off of each other's negatively or you end up getting yourself in trouble. My suggestion to Richard? Stick to your guns.

Team Shades Of Gray:
Patricia, Daniel, Stanly, Michelle: Okay did  I miss the memo?? Why more work wear??? I think that this team was more co-hesive than the other team as far as work ethic is concerned. Stanly clams to have experience with men's clothing, and I am sure that he does, but it was not evident in what he made or what his group made.To me, Tim hit it on the head when he said "clergy".That long jacket was calling the church's name.I did not like the woven shirt at all. I think that it would have been nicer in a color and a tighter fit. I know that they were going for business but men wear collared shirts! Not everything is black and white guys. This team actually did have the best look. Among some more poorly made clothing was Michelle's vest. Did I love the rest of it?? NO NO NO. But I did actually like this vest. I think that the zipper and the pattern gave it an edgy vibe which is great onstage. I also think that it was a bit motorcycle which was cool and it did not appear to be something hard to dance in. I did not like the rest of the outfit however. I just do not think that it complemented the vest very well. On that note, I think that Michelle is someone to watch out for this season. I think that she is the dark horse in this season. While everyone else has been lucking out on teams and getting involved in drama, she is going about her business and delivering. Those kind of people are usually the successful ones as they do not get distracted with the rest of what is going on. I also love her vibe. I feel like she is the only designer who has a distinct point of view this season. Yes, Patricia does textiles but it is not consistent looking. Michelle always designs for a punk-rock costumer. I really love that because it is a spin on what is considered "edgy" at the moment but all the same, is still in- style. I deff feel comfortable predicting that we will be seeing Michelle all the way through the competition.

And that is this week's review of Project Runway Season 11. I did not go into detail with each designer this week because their pieces were all mixed together. Hopefully, next week I will be able to take a closer look at who did what. Once again, if you have not seen this episode, deff go check it out. Even though the fashion was a bit unfortunate, it was a really good episode with a Project Runway FIRST that you wont want to miss. Check back next week for another review.
XOXOXO

Comments

  1. good review,but Project Runway is back for its twelfth season! I'm here to recap the first episode and make my predictions for the top three finalists!
    To kick of the new season, the designers were challenged to create a look using parachutes and supplemental material provided to them in the work room. Designers were instructed to use the supplemental material sparingly; the bulk of the design was supposed to be the parachute material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thank you for your reply. This post was written in March 2013 to correspond with Season 11. You can see my review for the Season 12 primer here: http://fashionistafoward5.blogspot.com/2013/07/project-runway-season-12-primer-review.html?m=1
      Check back for a review of last nights episode.
      Thank you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who