Skip to main content

3-22-13 Project Runway Season 11 Review!!

Hey guys!! Runway has certainly been going fast this season!! It seems like it just started! Anyway, this week  they were in teams of two and one team of three. It was a pretty successful week as far as the garments on the runway are concerned. There really were no major disasters!! As always, this post will not contain any spoilers and these are all my own opinions so they may not correspond with the judges. With that said, lets get on into it!

Challenge: To make a ready to wear outfit inspired by the Lord and Taylor flower

Layanna, Richard and Samantha: This was an interesting trio. I have got to say, the girls are very strong this season. So I am going to start out with them. Layanna's dress was by far my favorite this challenge!! She made a floral flowy dress with a halter neckline made out of leather and cinched in the waist with leather. I love the silhouette of this dress and deff think that a million different body types would look good in this dress. I think it was very well made and very flattering. The judges nailed it for the print and called it "dowdy". No offence to the judges, but I disagree with them completely. Layanna's dress was sophisticated and anything but dowdy. Next onto Samantha. Yes this was very junior...but I think that it was what she was going for. Samantha's dress was red, blue and tan with a tiered skirt and a cut out heart. This dress was a bit too mini, especially for that audience and it was also a bit poorly made. The skirt looked labored. With that said, I really liked this dress. I thought that it was cute if aiming at a junior audience. I like the heart detail. Is it tacky? Maybe. But I could totally some girlies going for that. Now onto Richard. This to me was not very good. Richard made a black jersey gown with a pink panel down the middle. First, he made a gray dress like this a few weeks ago and if I am correct...his team was in the bottom that week? Also, The dress made his model look overweight! This is a ready to wear challenge, if the dress made the model look big....I can only imagine what other bodies would look like in it! Also, the styling was bad. To me the boring structure of the dress with the giant hand bag and the flat's read very over-worked new mom of twins.....

Michelle and Daniel: Daniels was another one that was not my favorite. During the episode, he said that he felt like he had lost track of himself in previous challenges and that he was going to find himself again...well I think he needs to keep looking. He made a pink dress with cap selves and some detailing on the side that looked like an accident. I really do not think that this dress was attractive. I love pink but a whole dress of it just is never figure flattering. Was it horrible? No, but he can do better. Michelle was another story all together. I would have never dreamed that her dress was made out of leather. Now, we all know my feelings on Yellow....but overlooking that.....I think the dress was stunning on the model and looked great on the runway. However, unless you are a model, you would not look good in this dress. It was a straight dress with no boob or butt room and it just wasn't really ready to wear to me. With that said, it was a well made dress and certainly looked good on the runway. This was probs my second favorite from the episode.

Patricia and Stanly: These two presented the world of okay. Neither was poorly made or poorly designed. But neither was out standing. Patricia in general I do not get. I loved her orangish flowy top but the pants were not gorgeous. Idk she is just not clicking for me this season. Stanly, made a plan orangeish dress. It literally had no design. Like, I have seen this dress a million and a half times in the store. I really do not have much to say about this pair this week because I just don't know how the matched ready to wear with boring. Idk

That is it for my review this week!!! Since there are less designers and I feel like we have gotten to know them pretty well at this point, I am going to start reviewing them individually like I did for All Stars. I also think that the fewer designers left, the easier it becomes to distinguish who did what work in the teams. I honestly still don't know how I feel about the teams. But none to less, it has been a great season and I can't wait for next week's episode!! If you have not yet seen this week's episode, head on over to lifetime and check it out. Full episodes can be found online :)
xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who