Skip to main content

February Favorites!!

Feb flew by so fast!! Having a five day presidents break really made this usually drab month go by. I have gotten to try out a bunch of new products this month and I liked them all, so I am just going to get right into my favorites to save this from becoming a novel.

1.) My first favorite of the month is they Almay makeup remover cue tips. I saw beautybaby44 talking about these on YouTube and when I saw them in the store... I had to give them a try. I always have a hard time getting all of the eyeliner and mascara off of my bottom lashes and these really helped me do so. They are also great for correcting mistakes, or, I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I am a righty and sometimes I get mascara on my nose when I do my left eye....so these remover cue tips come in handy then so I do not have to use up  a whole make up wipe for one little mistake. I bought mine at Target but I am sure that you can purchase them at the drug store as well.
2.) Next up on the favorites list is my new make up brushes!!! Some of my brushes were getting pretty ratty so I picked up a few new ones during my Target trip. The brand that I tried out was the Sonia Kashuk brand and I am really happy with them! They are synthetic brushes so they do not shed and they are sooooo soft!! I think that these work as well as any high end brand and I read up on them online after I purchased them and a bunch of other people agreed with me as well, so if you are in need of make up brushes go check these ones out!! I got three of them, a face brush, an eyeshadow brush and a concealer brush. Each brush was a little under five dollars so they were inexpensive which was an added bonus as well.

3.) Okey doke so this next item I was planning to be my favorite favorite of the month but my next item is soooo....but this comes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally close and it is my favorite favorite fashion/beauty item so...it the my rose gold Michael Kors watch!!! Last year for conformation, I got a 300 dollar gift card to Nemin Marcus to use for something from Mondo Guerra's capsule collection....but I have had the gift card for almost a year and his collection is still on the way so I decided to use it and if there is something from his collection that I want...I will just buy it. (And of course I will review it!) Anyway, I was really loving Michael Kors watches and I had seen a lot of them on people at school and I loved the rose gold color, so I went online and shopped for one and decided on the Baguette-Bezel one. I love it so much and I wear it literally every day!! What is amazing about it is that it just completes every single outfit and really matches everything! I did have to go get it adjusted but if you do decide to get one, you can pretty much go into any Michael Kors store and they will adjust it for you. While I was getting it adjusted, I saw so many other ones that I liked as well in a million different styles so if the one I got is not for you, there a a lot of other ones to choose from. I think that buying a nice watch, if you can afford it or you have a gift card or save up, is a really good investment because it will last a loooooong time and you will get your use out of it. Another thing that is fab about Michael Kors' watches is that they are just dressy enough to wear with a nice outfit but not too dressy to wear every day so you know that by getting one you will absolutely get your wear out of it. I deff recommend that you look into buying one. I love mine soooo much!!!!

4.) This item is my ALL TIME FAVORITE ITEM EVER!! And it is not  beauty or fashion related really butttt..... I GOT MY FIRST CAR!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!! I am so excited guys!! I bought a bright electric blue Toyota Carola!! It is the perfect size for me and it runs amazing and it is really safe and gorgeous!!! I wanted a little car since I am a little person, I don't like to drive the big huge space ships. But before I went to the lot, I had been looking at a silver one that was in my price range, and when we got to the lot, we parked next to the blue one and I loved the color AND it was cheaper and in just as good of condition. Guys it was like fate! So I know I just majorly rambled there but I really don't know what else to say except that I am so happy that I finally got one that I love and I can not wait to drive it every where!! Oh and I don't have a name for it yet so if you guys have any creative ideas, leave them in the comment section below!! Also, just a little side note, my parents did not buy this car for me. I have  been saving for it and I bought it myself with my own money. I just thought that I should put that in.


Okay that is about it. I know that my favorites list is a bit short this month but February is a shorter month and I made some big investments this month so I have not really gotten to try out many new things and I have pretty much been wearing the same clothing and makeup from January since the months are so similar in weather. I am SO excited for March though becauseeeeee it means spring is coming!!! I don't know about you guys but it is pretty cold where I live and I am sick of it and ready for warm weather, the end of school, and spring/summer fashion!!! So I will talk to you you guys soon and be back with my first spring favorites next month!! :)
xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who