Skip to main content

Neutrogena Powder Foundation Review!!

Hey guys!! Over the past year, I have been using Lancome's peach blush as a foundation powder as it matched my skin tone. However, I recently ran out of it. I really do not like to use liquid foundation unless I absolutely have too because it never fail clogs my pours so I prefer not to use it. With that said, I still like to even out my skin tone. A few days ago I combed through the face products in the food store and decided to go with Neutrogena's mineral sheers powder foundation. This product is designed to be used after wet foundation in order to mattify and set it. That is not exactly how I have been using it....but I really like the product!!
I have pretty oilly skin so I like the mattifying quality. It really takes the edge off of the  shine from my oilly skin. This product is oil free so if you have oilly skin like me, it a good potion for you. I like to use this product all over my face by itself. I do not put any liquid foundation on under it and it gives me light to medium coverage. In the past, I have struggles with Acne but lately, I have been able to keep it under raps so I do not feel a need for full coverage. However, I like to even out my skin tone. This does a fabulous job at accomplishing this!!
I do not know where you guys live, but around me, it is finally spring!! In the spring and summer months, I like my face products to feel light and like they are not even there. This product really accomplishes this. Another thing, sometimes people forget to take off their makeup before going into the pool...then their caky foundation saturates the watter and it is just disgusting. If you are wearing a light foundation, and you forget to take it off before going in the watter, it will not be as gross as it will not create that makeup film on top of the watter. This is especially important to keep in mind if you have gym swim in the spring (or any time of year). Of course, it is better to take off your makeup before going into the pool, however, if you forget and you are wearing just this foundation powder by Neutrogena...it will not be as bad.
Another thing that is important to keep in mind for summer is that everyone needs to protect themselves against the sun. I know that some people burn easier than other but we all need to have spf on when going out into the summer sun. Now I am going to admit, I am 110% guilty of not protecting my skin in the sun. Personally, I have never been sun burned in my life and I skip out on the sun screen daily. I know that this is bad and I am going to try to do better for next summer. Even if you do not burn, it is important to have protection against the sun's rays as they can lead to dark spots and skin cancer when you are older. This foundation contains SPF 20. This is a great bonus because if you do not remember to put on sun screen, at least your face has a bit of protection against the sun.
This foundation powder comes in many many skin tones so it is deff worth checking out no matter what your skin tone is. I personally am in the shade 50 Soft Beige right now. I bought it slightly darker than my skin tone in hopes that it will translate into the summer...however...if I get too tan I may have to pick up another one in a darker shade. I like to use my Sonia Kashuk face brush with this powder, however, it does come with a circular sponge applicator. It also come with a mirror. I like this because it makes it easy to travel with. I am not headed out on any vacations any time soon, but if you are, the mirror is a really good one so you can put it on on the go. I like when products that I use every day are convent for travel because if I go on a vacation, I do not have to compromise with another product and can just use the one that I like.
I deff recommend that you guys go and check out this foundation powder. I bought mine from the makeup section in a local food store but I am sure that you can find it pretty inexpensively at target or in a drug store. I hope you found this review helpful and I will talk to you guys later.
xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who