Skip to main content

The Prom Problem: Underwear (Clean)

Previously on the Prom Problem:
 I talked about Bra's for Prom. All the special types that may be the best option for your dress.
This Week:
I thought that it would only be natural to talk about Underwear next. Underwear lines plague everyone at some point but prom is the last place that you want them to show up.Today we will be solving those nasty underwear lines.  I know that everyone has different opinions about sharing underwear secrets online because it is private I guess for some people, but honestly, I think that it is okay as long as your not doing anything inappropriate. I am just saying this to let you guys know that this post is totally clean so if your thinking "oh my gosh what is she going to show us?" Don't worry about it...you can keep reading. On that note, lets take a look at a few solutions to The Underwear Problem.

Solution 1: Thongs
I am going to talk about thongs first because I think that they are the most common solution for panty lines. After all, that is their intended purpose. I have so many friends who own a ton of thongs to wear with leggings and yoga pants and dance clothing and yes...dresses. If you are wearing a loose dress, the beauty of a thong is that the dress will not cling to it. If you are wearing a tight dress, the thong is so tiny that you will not even notice it. Personally, I think that the best kind of thong is the lacy kind. Now I know that some of you are probably thinking "How in the world is my mother going to let me own a lacy thong?" and I will get to that in a second. The reason that I think these are the best type of thong is that they never ever show through dresses. Sometimes, the string thongs are still slightly visible and create little pany lines. However, the lacy ones are so form fitting that they are absolutely invisible. Okay, back to the parents question. I know that a lot of people are afraid to ask their parents to let them try on thongs when they go shopping. Honestly, you would be surprised to see that your mom will understand the situation and let you buy a thong. I am sure that your mother wants you to look your best in your prom dress and would never want you to be showing underwear lines. If you have a dress where you need to conceal the panties, talk to her about it. Tell her that you need to buy a thong for prom in order to get rid of the lines. Chances are, she will understand. Now, I am not goina lie to you guys, I do not like thongs. They are not my choice in pantie solution because I just don't think it is comfortable to have a wedgie all night. I mean, its not attractive to walk around picking at your underwear all night because you have a string up your butt. Sorry that is kind of blunt but I really have no other way to phrase it. I chose to talk about thongs as the first solution to the Underwear problem because I know that I am in the minority here and that a lot of girls like to wear thongs and do not find them uncomfortable.

Solution 2: J-Lo's Underwear Line
This is actually my preferred solution to underwear lines. My mom bought me two pairs of underwear from the Jennifer Lopez line at Koles and they are soooo amazing!! Mine are white but I think that they come in other colors as well. What is great about them is that they are like a cross between a thong and a regular pair of underwear. They are low rise, with a lacy top, a silky material for the most of it and they kid of come across the middle of your butt. No, they do not totally cover the back side so to speak, but they are absolutely invisible under clothing. You can seriously be wearing anything and not see these babies under it. These panties are the best solution to Underwear for prom. No matter what the dress, you can slip into a pair of J-Lo panties and not have to think about you underwear for the rest of the night. A huge bonus with these undies is that they are soooooooo soft and comfortable!! Another plus, is that you get the effect of the thong without having to deal with it's eternal wedgie. Like I said, you can get these underwear at Koles so they are really inexpensive. Honestly, they would be worth investing in even if they were pricey. I think that everyone would benefit from having a pair of these Jennifer Lopez underwear in their pantie collection. I love them so so so much and you guys really need to give them a shot, especially when you try on your prom dress. If you do try them out, leave a comment below and tell me what you think of them and if you love them as much as I do.

Solution 3: String Bikini Underwear
This solution is not for every dress. Honestly, this is more of an every day solution than it is for prom, but I am including it because there are deff dresses that will work best with this type of underwear. Basically, they are like the bottoms of string bikini's just in underwear form. I think that these are so much more comfortable than regular underwear. I do not really even know why but i just do. I get mine at Target in the little packages so again, not too expansive. I think that these are another underwear staple. They come in a bunch of colors so they can blend in with any dress. What is great about these is you do not get the thong wedge and you do not have the bulkiness of regular underwear. I would still prefer the J-Lo ones for prom, but if you want a more conventional form of underwear, this may be the option for you.

Solution 4: High Waisted Underwear
Again, this is not the solution for all dresses, but can be perfect for some. If your dress has a higher waist line WEAR HIGH WAISTED PANTIES! I know that they are a bit uncommon and maybe a tad uncomfortable for some body types, but if you do not wear high waisted underwear with a high waisted dress, you are going to see underwear lines. If you wear the high waisted beauties, then poof! Underwear lines gone. It is honestly that simple. You can get some great ones at target so if you are not interested in wearing these bloomers on an every day basis, you are not spending too much money on undergarments for one occasion. I deff recommend picking up a package for prom if your dress has a high waist line....besides...its not a total waist, you will be surprised to see how many every day outfits they work better with than bikini bottoms.

That is about it for my solutions to the Underwear Problem. If you have any other solutions that I did not mention, please leave a comment below and tell me what they are. As always, I am not being sponsored to talk about the products in this post, they are all my own opinions. Please check back for the next episode of The Prom Problem where we will be tackling Shape wear, Stockings and Undergarments for men.
xoxoxo

Comments

  1. Thank you for the interesting blog. I’m just wondering why you didn’t mention the simplest solution: not to wear any panties. I guess that this is due to some cultural difference (I’m from the Czech Republic and you are American I suppose). I have to disagree that thong are completely invisible under every kind of dress. A whole range of light and tight dresses can’t hide thong, not even small ones. And as you mentioned – thong aren’t very comfortable especially the string-up-your-butt type. So rather than searching for some special (and expensive of course) no-panty-line underwear I resulted in leaving panties home.
    So I’m asking why you don’t consider this as a solution. Except health and hygiene problems which prevent you from doing this when they occur I can’t see any flaws of this solution. You may argue that this is too risky or inappropriate but honestly how often you happen to accidentally flash you panties even wearing a short dress?
    I don’t believe that every girl has her panties on at the dancing ball in your country. I’m not trying to say that it is a normal fashion in my country but at the every evening-dress event here there are at least several girls who don’t have to handle any lines problem. They were just thigh highs, dress and heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I am glad you like the post and thanks so much for your input! Pleanty of people in America go to events pantiless. There is nothing wrong with it in consept and it is not inapproprate or anything. However, should you be in one of those situations where you would bend down and your underwear shows...you would end up showing off your lower assets. Also, if your dress breaks and you have a wardrobe malfuntion, at least there is somthing covering you below the equator should it fall down. Without underwear, if you had a wardrobe malfunction...you would be doomed to showing everyone everything. It is fine to wear no underwear if you want to take that risk. However, I think it is safe to say that most people would rather keep their mystery a secret instead of showing it to the world.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for a quick answer and sorry for my English – I use it at school only.

      You are right. I can clearly imagine that the only string holding dress together breaks, which instantly turns my beautiful gown into a fluffy pile around my ankles. And me than staying paralyzed in the middle of the hall wearing just tight highs and ear-rings. But let’s be serious. This is a cliché from teenage girls’ nightmares. It happens in films only or to celebrities (who do it on purpose) or if you are drunk as a skunk:D

      I can say that knee-length dress (or longer) is 100% safe. I have never seen a girl wearing long dress to be exposed due to any kind of wardrobe malfunction. So if you want to keep you mystery in secret as you said you can go pantyless with no worries.

      The situation is different in short dresses. I agree with you in this case. You rather keep your panties on if your dress is so short that it shows more than your tights when you bend. It spoils whole evening to you if you keep thinking which moves are forbidden to keep your secret. It is only OK when the event doesn’t last long and you are just standing with no bending/sitting/twirling. Or if you are really daring, which I’m not:D

      Delete
  2. BlogHer Inc. reaches 100 million women each month via bloggers and social media leaders who are passionately committed to quality content. Join us!
    http://www.blogher.com/social-media-social-pressure-proms-are-not-what-they-used-be

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who