Skip to main content

The Prom Problem: Get Ready With Me!

Previously on The Prom Problem: I talked about my prom situation.
Coming up: We will get ready for my prom together!

ITS PROM DAY WEEEEE!!!!! Actually, I think that I will be posting this a few days after prom buttt....anyway. I wanted to film this for YouTube since I know that I have not put a video on my channel but I do not have enough time before I have to leave to film everything. So with that said...lets get ready for prom!!!

The Night Before: Okay, so last night, I showered and did a full skin care routine. I have acne so my skin care routine contains all products proscribed to be by my dermatologist. I am not going to mention them here but if you are struggling with acne, I really do recommend going to the derm. It took trying several different creams and medications for me but I finally have cleared up my skin! If you guys want, I can do a post about that in the future. After the shower, I used my Aveno lotion all over my legs and on my elbows. (Oh and I also made sure to shave my legs and I recommend that you do as well before prom especially if your dress is short, high low, or has a slit like mine does.)

MakeUp: So I had experimented with different makeups all week but I finally found something that I love and decided to go with it. First, I started out by priming my eye lids. The primer that I use is one that I made myself. This home-made primer is seriously my holly grail primer! It works better then any other brand I have every tried!! It really makes your makeup pop and say on all night long!! I can do a post about how I made this but basically, I followed a tutorial on YouTube by madisenrosebeauty but I just used a few different products. 
Next, I concealed my under eye circles and any other problem spots that I have. I decided to go with the Almay concealer in the shade medium.
After I was all primed up, I used a blue eyeshadow quad by Revlon. I have had this quad forever and a decade and I love it so much!! It is honestly the best blue eyeshadow. I even like it more than my high end blues!! I used the lightest color on the inner half of my lid and the second lightest color on the outer half. In the crease went both of the darker colors. 
For highlight, I used a pink eyeshadow single by covergirl. Doing a pink highlight may sound unusual but I really think that it helps bring everything together and it is a perfect nighttime touch! I started doing this for my dance shows a long time ago and have never looked back. It may sound aven gard, but I recommend that you try it out!
To line my upper lash line, I used the Maybeleen Ultra Thin Liquid Liner. On my tight line, I used Maybeleen's black gel liner. I also used the gel liner on my water line. On my lower lash line, I used a blue color pencil liner by cover girl for the outer half of the line and a black crayon by almay on the rest of the line. I saw Heidi Klum wear her eyeliner like this on Project Runway a few weeks ago and I loved it so I decided to try it out and I still loved it! The only thing you have to be careful of with this technique is blending the two colors together where they meet but not totally blending them so that you can not tell that there is two colors.
Lashes Lashes Lashes. I love fake lashes!! I used to be afraid to put them on because I was afraid of getting the glue in my eyes but once I tried them, I never looked back. I have yet to get the glue in my eyes so if you have not given them a shot and you are nervous about using them, don't worry, you will be fine! My lashes were Adrell 109. To blend my fake lashes with my real ones, I used my Neutregina volume mascara. I did not go for two mascaras like I usually do because I did not want to ruin the fakies.
On my face, I just used my Neutregina mineral sheer pressed powder foundation in the shade soft beige 50. I contoured with a tan color that I use every day for contouring in my Lancome makeup pallet and I also used a rosy blush from this pallet. I know that I lot of people have trouble contouring and I did too until I watched GregoryGorgeous' how to contour video on YouTube. I follow his technique every day and it has really helped me improve so I would head on over to the tube and check out his video if you are struggling with it as well. 
For my eyebrows, I used my Maybeleen eyebrow shadow.
And finally, for my lips, I used a Revlon Lip Butter in the color Peach Parfait. This color has some sparkles and matched my dress perfect and I just love the Revlon Lip butter collections! I am not going to say any more about this product though because I have a whole review on them on my blog so if you are thinking of purchasing them, you can check them out in my archives.

Hair: I wanted to have a loose curl to my hair but was not into spending the money to get it done since it was Junior prom for me not senior. I used my conair hot rollers. Honestly, it looked great until I started dancing and then it fell out and my hair was just straight. So if you are contemplating getting it curled or doing it yourself, I would recommend  getting it done. 

Undergarments: Like I said before, no shame spanks!!! And I am going to follow my own rules here and say that I did wear them because I wanted to and it was a good solution to the underwear line for me. Honestly, I did not even realize that I was wearing them. My bra was the strapless bra that I talked about in my Bra episode of the Prom Problem.

Shoes: My shoes were like 5 inch heals by Jessica Simpson. I love them but they did give me blisters. 

Dress: My dress was orange lace with a slit, a sweetheart neck line and a beige undertone. I got it at nordstrom and I got it altered and my dress maker was amazing! Hint with alterations, some of my friends paid $40 for them and they got a botched job. I paid triple that and I got fabulous alterations. Honestly, it is expensive but I think that it is worth it because nothing would be worse than a wardrobe malfunction in the middle of the dance floor. 

Prom was seriously so much fun!! It was deff worth the experience and I hope that you guys have as much fun at your proms as I did at mine!! I just wanted to mention that I was not sponsored to talk about any of these products and that I am going to continue to do this series through June since there are still some more Prom things I would love to talk with you guys about and I know that prom season goes all the way into June. So, I will see you guys next time!!
xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who