Skip to main content

Project Runway Season 11 Final Review!!!!

Another season of Project Runway has come to an end! I am not going to reveal the winner in case you have yet to see the episode, however, I will say that I am 100% happy with who won! It was a crazy season with the teams thing but it was still a good one....and I can not wait for next season! As per usual, these are all my own opinions and they do not necessarily correspond with the judges critiques.

Challenge: Show Final Collections at Fashion Week
Teams: None

Patricia: The first thing that I want to say about this collection is that it was very interesting and looked like she really put a lot of hard work into it and honestly, that is a huge plus. I have not been a huge Patricia fan this season but I really do think that she put forth a great collection! I think that she was proud of her work and that really came through to the audience. My favorite piece in her collection was the red velvet cold shoulder shirt!! It was the perfect mix of runway and practicality! I also loved the pants that she made to go with it. I know that the judges thought this look was a bit artsy but I really liked that. Another great look of hers was the yellow and black dress with the red shoulders! I loved this pattern eventhough yellow is my least favorite color. This dress was stunning and I would deff wear that if I needed a long dress with sleves. She really showed her ability on that dress. Another piece that I loved was the scarf in the first look. I personally am not much of a scarf wearer but I think that it would be a great staple piece in a lot of girls wordromes! Now, onto the pieces that I did not like so much. All of the items made out of the blue fabric with the sequins. I know that it was hand made and unique but from my side of the TV, the fabric looked like tisue paper with tin foil. It just looked a bit to crafty to me. Another thing that bugged me about this collection was that eventhough it was all Native American inspired, it was not cohesive. Sure, she had some things that tied together but it really looked like the closet of a Native American fashionista. And it wac cool, but on the runway, a bit more cohesion is nice. Overall, I think that Patrica put her best foot foward and made some grest clothing.

Stanly: Oh boy. I do not even know where to start with this one. Honey, you had four months to make a collection and you were still making full garments on the eve of the runway? Come on. If that is not slacking I do not know what is. Honestly, this shocked me about Stanly. Throught the competiton, he was such a drill sargent with his team members but when left to his own devices, he did not practice what he preached. I really do not think that the way he approached this final was professional. The final collection on Project Runway can make or break a designer's career, I would hope that the contestants take it a bit more seriously than he did. Unfortunately, I do not think that even the pieces that he did put time into looked fabulous. Again, a bit suprising as he had some fabulous work throught the season. My least favorite garment BY FAR was the sack dress that he stuffed into the models bra last minet. This was not a dress. It was material to cover up a model because he did not have all of his work done. Seriously? His dresses were all a tad matronly except for the final gown. Also, that heavy studding just looked like buisness gone wrong. Although I was under impressed with Stanly's final output, there were still a few redeeming looks. I know that the judges criticized his final gown but I actually liked it. I thought that it had a vintage feel as opposed to the matrenly feel that dominated his collection. I was also a fan of the loose leather jacket. I did not know how to feel about this at first but I thought that the consept of a flowy leather jacket as opposed to the typical hard structured one was interesting.

Michelle: To me, this was the stand out collection of the season...or of the last two regular seasons... I love Michelle's point of view and her fierceless ability to show it off. Its hard for me to pick a favorite here because I really liked them all. Her knitting ability is something that we did not see during the show but the bleeding heart sweater and the wolf sweater were outstanding! Id buy them both in a heart beat! I also loved the long shirt jacket thing with the tan body and brown sleves! Another incredible look was her opening look. This dress was edgy yet feminine all together! Again, I would deff snap this one up. Her light brown dress with the leather shoulder pieces and the black tights was another favorite. I am sure that any girl would feel great walking around in it! Michelle's consept for the collection gave her a very strong point to work from. In addition, it really pulled the collection together in a sophisticated way. A lot of the time on Runway, the collection is pulled together by an accessory or a color scheme. However, having the concept be so prevalent in the clothing that it pulls the whole thing together is a sophistication that is way above the usual standard. I loved that about Michelle and her collection. Her ability to think in her work shows a lot of promise for he as a future designer. Overall, Michelle's collection was my favorite no doubt and it really lived up to my expectations.

And that wraps up my Project Runway Season 11 reviews!!! I hope that you guys loved this season as much as I did!! I do not believe that they are airing season 12 this summer. However, you  can catch Heidi Klum every week as she branches out her judging to Americas Got Talent!! Check back whenever they air season 12 for more reviews!!
xoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who