Skip to main content

The Prom Problem: Shoes!

Previously on The Prom Problem: I did a makeup tutorial
Coming Up: I am goina talk all about shoes!

Hey guys! So I know that Prom season is sadly coming to a close for the year, but I wanted to get in one more post before the season ends! First off, I just want to  say that you SO much for all the love with this series! I was not expecting it to get so many views and I just am blown away by you guys! I will absolutely bring this series back next year! And with the end of this series will come the start of a new one! I just put up my second post in Sexy for Summer so I hope you guys check that out and I have another great series that I will be debuting really soon so check back ;) With that said, lets chat about shoes!

Heels:
This is the choice of most girls for
prom. Personally, this is the option I chose because I am short and I didn't want to cut all of the bottom of my dress off! Honestly, that is the main reason to pick this option. The higher the heel, the less alteration needed. Now with that said, you want to pick a heel size that you are comfortable in. Truth is, once everyone hits the dance floor...the shoes come off....but when you are walking to the venue and what not, you need a pair of heels that you are not going to break you neck in. There is nothing wrong with picking a lower heel if you are not use to wearing really high shoes. Personally, I am a heel wearer and chose a pair of 6 inches and that is fine too if you love high shoes like me. However, if you don't know how to walk in high heels, don't buy them even if you think that they are cute. The worst thing would be spraining you ankle during prom because your heels were too high for you! Another tip, even of you are a heel owner and you buy stilettos, walk around in them in your house before the big day that way you can strut your stuff without even having to think about it! Also, make sure that you have a few band aids incase you get a blister! Oh an another thing, most guys do not have experience walking in heels and they do not realize that you have to walk a bit slower than usual in them. In your guy is dragging you around and you are having trouble keeping up with him, ask him to slow down. Again, you don't want to get hurt, so don't be embarrassed to ask him to slow down a bit. With that said, have your dignity, he does not need to carry you everywhere!

Flats:
Like I said before, if you are really uncomfortable in heels, do not wear them! You will be much better in flats than falling all over the place I heels. Flats are great if you are tall and are afraid of being taller than your date. They really do solve the problem. However, it can be difficult to find fancy enough ones for prom. If you want flats, don't settle. If you search hard enough, you will find the perfect fancy pair! Flats tend to bread blisters so you deff want to have a bunch of band aids at hand! I also picked up this blister prevention stuff a while back from the drug store. It is by Band Aid and it is a little stick, it almost looks like a mini deodorant, and basically what you do is apply it all over the areas that you normally get blisters in before you put on your shoes. I originally purchased this for my dance shoes but I wear it all the time now when I need to break in new shoes or am wearing heels or flats! I love this stuff and recommend it to anyone and everyone! It also has a light fresh sent so it helps out a bit if you have stinky feet...and you never want to smell bad soooooo......but anyway, I know that Rite Aid sells it an occasionally I have found it in Wegmans but no luck in the other drug stores so If you are interested, I would look there first!

And that is it for this year's The Prom Problem! Again, thank you all so so so much for supporting this series!! I have had a tone of fun creating it an I cant wait for next prom series!! If you have not gone to Prom yet this year, good luck and have an unforgettable night!! Again, stay tuned for another series coming to you right here very soon ;)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who