Skip to main content

Project Runway Season 12 Premir Review 7-18-13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYAY OUT FAVORITE SHOW IS BACK!! I am so happy that Runway came back on because honestly, I missed it a lot! The primer episode is always in interesting one for me because you get to meet all the new designers and everyone is still in high spirits and hopeful so you really get to see their aesthetics without them being bogged down by the pressure of competition. Run on sentence...I know I just got excited!!Side note I am loving Heidi on Americas Got Talent too!! I really think that she is doing a great job evaluating the contestants and keeping the show interesting! Anyway, back to runway. I am so happy to see some snappy personalities this season!! Its about time they spice up the work room!! I am also relieved that the whole season is not teams because I love getting to know the designers...speaking of which...WELCOME BACK KATE!!
Okay, sorry that was a spoiler and I usually never put them in. Speaking of which, this blog is totally my own opinions, it may or may not corospond with the judges and it will not contain any other spoilers.

Challenge: Make a look out of parashoot fabric. You may used the provided black and white fabric as accents but be wary of making the whole outfit out of it!

Alexander: Alexander's dress was not terrible...but it was not my favorite either. His dress was blue teal and white. It had a diamond shape in the center with big shoulders and a little skirt that stuck to the models skin. I think that the thought put into this design was good and that shows promise for the future. However, I still felt like this dress looked a bit parachutey. I also feel like it looked a bit labored...and I know what he was going for with the skirt...but I cant believe that he did not have access to some good bye static spray. *Side Note: Hairspray works for that too* Overall, I think that Alexander shows promise and I think that he had a reasonably solid first challenge.

Alexandria: Okay, I have mixed feelings with the dress. I can not deny the fact that it was well made, however, I did not love the color situation. Alexandria's dress was light blue with teal pockets, black shoulders and black cut outs down the chest area. I thought that the cut outs were interesting and I really liked how she used the black to accent the outfit...not make it. However, the teal pockets on the blue fabric did not look right to me. I actually think that without them, she would have had a really sheek, sophisticated, unconventional dress. Overall, I think that Alexandria also had a pretty solid first challenge and that she will be sticking around for at least another week or so.

Angela: Here is a situation where I do not agree with the judges, sorry guys. I actually liked this look a lot! I agree that maybe it should have been shown with a pair of black leggings...but I really do not think that is a make it or break it thing. Angela's look was a hoodie with a flowy bodice. I felt like it looked a bit like a rain poncho but in a good way. Those things are usually so ugly that seeing one that was a bit more styled was refreshing. Now lets look at it as a shirt....I think that it was an interesting idea. I mean, its not something that is already in everyone's closet. Overall, I do not think that this was so bad but the judges were really not thrilled to see a shirt without bottoms.

Brandon: This outfit had some very large pros for me and some very large cons. Brandon's dress was light blue in the front with cording and pink, white and orange in the back. I LOVED the way that this looked on the runway. Honestly, this was the only runway look to me if you know what I mean. I think that this is very promising for Brandon because he knew exactly what he was doing. The big con for me is actually the cording. I know that the judges liked it and it was innovative...I just was not a fan of how it looked. I didn't really get it. With that said, I think that the pros trumped the cons because this was one of the best looks this week.

Dom: Dom's look was really typical runway to me. He made a white shirt with a black jacket and a pink skirt. I just do not think that this outfit had any brilliance to it. It was decent and I think that he will stick around for a while. It just was not a WOW moment in a good way or a bad way. I wish that he had used a bit more parachute but I did like the color combo.

Helen: This dress was again, okay. I liked the color combo and the patterning on the front. However, she used mostly the white fabric and not the parachute which goes against the challenge. I think it is shocking how many designers did that. I mean, I would think that for the first challenge you would want to impress the judges, and no better way to leave behind a bad taste than by breaking the challenge. The other problem I had with this was the parachute strings hanging down below just looked a bit out of place. With all of that said, the design of the dress was not bad.

Jeremy: Jeremy's look was actually my favorite of the night!! I LOVED the pants that he made! The pants were teal and navy blue with lots of zippering. They were very flattering and really looked like clothing. This look was one of the only ones that ventured into separates as well. I loved that his look did not appear crafty on this side of the TV...that is why I picked this look as my favorite. The only down side was that the shirt (I think) was made out of the extra fabric instead of the parachute. Despite that, I think that Jeremy made a great first impression and that we will be seeing a lot of him this season!!!

Justin: Okay, this was my second favorite look of the night. Was it a WOW moment...eh idk but it was very well made and did not look crafty. Justin's dress was pink and orange with a black and white accent up the front of the chest, around the neck line, and around the waist. Justin achieved a clothing look rather than a parachute project look and that is fabulous!! Personally, I was not the biggest fan of the design but I think that it would look really good on the right  body type. I think that Justin also made a good first impression and that  he stands a good change in the competition.

Kahindo: I've gotta applaud Kahindo for doing separates. I really liked the perrywinkle top. Again, I think that it looked like clothing and it was deff well made. The skirt was also decent. I don't think that it was a WOW moment either but hey, its only week 1! I do think that Kahindo shows good sewing skills. I hope that we get to see something a bit more industrious next time. I think that turning up the volume will really make the difference here between middle of the pack and top.

Karen: Oy here is a disaster to me. Karen's dress was teal white black and blue. There I said it, a black and blue it looked like! The dress was more of a triangle partnered sack.  Deff not figure flattering. The dress also looked labored and I am not sure if it was on purpose...but the tiangles did not match up at all and it looked like a mistake. I just felt that a contestant on Project Runway should be able to make something a bit more difficult than this. Honestly, Karen was in my bottom three this week.

Kate: First off...welcome back! It is always nice to get a second change at winning...and hey....being on a second season of regular runway is a lot less pressure than an All Star round right?? Anyway, I personally was not a fan of the color choice, then again, when do I ever like yellow? But looking beyond that, I thought that her dress was really cute! I would absolutely wear this outfit. I liked how the parachute looked like clothing and that it made up the majority of her dress. I also liked the placement of it ontop of the creamish fabric. I really think that she did a good job this week. Kate is BACK in business everyone!! (But one word of advise, hold onto your show secrets sweety, your not back to make friends).

Ken: I think that Ken showed the most promise out of this runway. His orange dress was well made and the stand up red color was very runway. He made something very simple look more impressive. I thought that the warm colors went well together and that it looked very well made. I think that Ken's dress really embodied the challenge and it is always nice to see someone come out of the gate strong.

Miranda: Hmm more mixed feelings on this one. I agree with Tim that by making a black fabric dress, she failed the challenge. And honestly, there is a price to be paid for broken rules. However, there was one worse outfit that I felt needed to go before Miranda. I am actually shocked that the judges gave this a good score at first because the whole skirt and 2/3 of the top were made without the parachute. With all of that said, the design of the outfit was very now, very cute, and very well made. At least there was something positive to say.

Sandro: What is there to say about a design that shows the model's vagina except that it should NOT have walked the runway??

Sue: Sue's situation really confused me. Like if I know how to use the sewing machines on the show... she certainly should be able to!! Sue made a orange and pink dress with a lot of pleating and rusing. I did not agree with the judges on this one. I thought that the detailing on the dress looked a bit chewed up. I really didn't think that it was figure flattering and was surprised that it scored so high! I hope that the dress looked a bit more impressive in person than it did from this side of the camera.

Timothy: UMMMMM this is Project Runway...a show about fashion design...not Project Anti-Fabric Usage. Whaaaa??? He just confused me from top to bottom and I really do feel for his model having to walk down the runway so un-runway like.

Phew!! That is everything for this week!! Again, these are my opinions they do not necessarily correspond with the judges and I am not being sponsored to say any of this. If you have not seen the episode yet, head on over to lifetime and check it out!! Check back next week for another review!!!
xoxoxoxoxo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who