Skip to main content

August Favorites 2013

Hey guys! Summer is over :,( I literally can't explain how bad I already have senioritus lol. But at the same time I am very ready for the end of camp. It's just been one of those summers that was not as good as the last. But you can only move forward so on we go.

1.) My first one is kinda of a random one but lately I have been very into eating healthy. I did a very bad job of eating well in July so I felt like I needed to make up for it in August. One of my favorite snacks lately has been cheese. Why? I really don't know. I just have not been craving sweets as much lately. Which is good I guess. It's good to get a head start on eating well before school starts.

2.) My next favorite is bold necklaces. I bought one for back to school and I have not worn it yet but I am soooo obsessed with it!! Basically it is a gold chain statement piece with black and gold triangles. It came with matching earrings so I plan on wearing it with a black shirt, jeans and combat boots. I just think its perfect for school because when you don't have a lot of time in the morning, a piece like that can make you look like you tried hard when you really didn't.

3.) Next up is my ankle bracelet. I have a monogram one in gold that I had to take off for camp but now that camp is over I can wear it again and I love it!! I just think it is a great simple but different piece. After all, as Ali says in PLL...it's always nice to find new places to wear jewelry!! This is kind of a summery piece so I won't be able to wear it too much longer but I am enjoying It while I can still wear it!!

4.) This next thing I have been loving for the month of August is different nails! I have really been enjoying painting my nails, each one a different pattern with the same three colors. I just think that it looks so cool and so fun! It also looks like you went to the Salon to get them done when you really did them at home. My favorite combo right now is black, mint green or Tiffany blue and pink based sparkles but you can use any three colors!

5.) My last monthly favorite is bathing suite cover ups! I seriously love these things! The one that I am obsessed with is a pair of pants that are flowy and navy blue and light blue. They are kinda see through buy its okay because you will have your bathing suite on under. I got my pants at TJ Max. Since the summer is kinda over I am not sure that you will be able to find them but
I'm sure they will be back out for next season!

And those are my favorites for August!! Check back next month for my back to school favorites!
Xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers wh...

Project Runway 10-22-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers created a look inspired by the bridges of New York incorporating 3-D printed detailing. Challenge: The designers were flown to LA where the city served as their inspiration for a red carpet look. Thoughts In The Workroom: L.A has a Mood puppy! So cute. Ashley's fabric is very pretty. Edmond's fabric is gorgeous as well. Edmond No! Don't shorten! I hope Kelly's pants fit... Guest Judge: Christian Siriano Ashely: Boobs! Ashley picked a beautiful gold sequin fabric. However, the dress was not my favorite this week. Ashley's dress was floor length with a-symmetrical sleeves. On one arm, she had a long sleeve. The other arm, she had a spaghetti strap. The chest had a huge cut out between the sleeves that plunged down to her waist. The neckline was not flattering in my opinion. The judges were split on this look. Some of them thought that fabric was dated while others liked it. Heidi actually liked the very open c...

Is The Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment Worth the Hype?

 Hey Fashionista's! Today we are going to talk all about Hailey Bieber's Rhode Skincare line. This is not sponsored, I just really wanted to talk about these products. This semester in my public speaking class, I taught a unit all about persuasive speaking. My goal was to make the topic of persuasive speaking more relatable by showing how prevalent it is in our modern world. What was the product I brought in to show the power of persuasive speaking in the "influencer era"? You bet it was the Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment. If you are a longtime reader, you know I rarely talk about skin care. Actually, I have probably never talked about skin care. That's because I don't really know what to say. I don't ever buy the trendy products because I am allergic to so many of them and if not, they make me break out. BUT Hailey Bieber got me- talk about effective persuasive speaking. I watched a few videos on YouTube of her using the products and talking about their ing...