Skip to main content

Project Runway Season 12 Review 8-29-13!!!!

Hey guys!!! I know I have been a bit inconsistent this season but life is kinda crazy right now for me. Anyway, I wanted to get up this week's review so I am not backed up by next week! This week's episode was interesting because it was not very mind boggling so it allowed the designers to really create and be themselves. They are down to the top ten and the competition is tightning. I really cant call anyone the weak link at this point! As always, this post will not contain any spoilers and may or may not correspond with the judges opinions.

Challenge: Make a garment that highlights the shoes that you picked.

Alexander: Okay I liked this look. I know that there was two looks with plaid but I really liked this one. Plaid can go a bit nerdy but I think Alexander made it look trendy! I loved the fit of the pants! I also think that the shirt complemented It very well. Alexander's shirt was a white sleeveless that had some structural detailing on the front. The two pieces looked very editorial and showcased his shoes nicely. I was surprised that he was not one of the favorites this week! This was one of the better looks in my opinion.

Alexandria: Eh this look was not my favorite. Honestly, I do agree that the shoes needed a soft look and I absolutely would have chosen these shoes to make an outfit for! I just feel like her look was a bit drab. Like it did not look Project Runway expensive to me. I feel like this dress could be picked off any shelf. If I had those shoes, I would have made a black tool, high wasted skirt with a white crop top with poofy selves and maybe a leather jacket idk. I feel like she had such potential with these shoes and her dress was just okay.

Brandon: Okay Brandon's taste is a bit old for me. BUT there is a huge market for older people's clothing out there! I felt like this shirt would have been SO cute with those shoes and a pair of jeans. Although the skirt was well made and out of an outstanding fabric, I just feel like it dated the outfit a bit too much. Maybe even if the skirt had been above the knee instead of below the knee it would have been better. There is nothing wrong with older taste but usually that does not fly long term on Project Runway so I really don't know if he is going to make it to the final.

Dom: I really wanted to like this look. I felt like the shoes were so cute and so her! But the dress was just a bit underwhelming to me. I liked that she used quilting but I feel like she went overboard with it. I would much rather have seen the same dress with quilting only on the shoulders. Basically her dress was color blocked and quilted with three quarter length selves. I did like that she used color. I honestly think that this week was just an outlier week for Dom. She is one of the strongest designers in my opinion this season and if I had to pick a winner right now, it would be her.

Helen: I do not know why the judges liked this dress. Basically, she just made a straight black dress with a cape. Like this dress is actually in every store everywhere. To me, this was well made but it was just soooo common that I couldn't really look past that. Project Runway is about innovative, fashion forward designs and to me, this was just elementary...like I could make something more complicated!

Jeremy: oof this was another bump in the road for me this week. I saw where he was going with the design and I liked the sweater type shirt idea. However, I think that his shirt just looked chewed up. The detailing did not look well executed and the sheer back just made it look cheep. I would have expected this from an unconventional challenge but he even went to Mood! Idk not one of my favorite looks on the runway. I think that Jeremy really needs to step up his game if he wants a shot at that spot in the final.

Justin: Justin's look was actually my favorite this week! I was pleasantly surprised by him this season! Justin has not delivered many wow moments but this was deff one of them for me. He made a jump suite that was wider at the hips and got skinner as it went down. It was strapless and he made a little above the shoulder blade leather jacket that was just soooooooooooo cool and very editorial! I would absolutely have worn this outfit. Not only that, but I think it highlighted his shoes perfectly! I am very happy that he pulled out such a good look this week!

Karen: Yellow...ich... Its hard for me to like her looks because she always uses yellow! There was even a few frames this challenge where she was in yellow and the shoe was yellow and the dress was yellow! I also did not like that she paired the yellow with a black skirt.  Bumble bee. I felt like the design of this dress was an interesting twist on the classic work outfit because there was so much more exposure on the top half.

Kate: This look was very cool. Probs my second favorite this week. I really loved the split pants! I would wear those in a heartbeat! I think it was such an interesting twist on the wide leg silk pant! Those wide leg pants are coming back into style and this is right there with it! Her white top was very complementary and the outfit looked very powerful yet relaxed on the runway. I think that the split pants was such an interesting way of highlighting the shoes which btw...were wacky crazy and fabulous!

Ken: This diva had a very safe look to me this week. The top was amazing! He made a peplum style top and it was sewed to perfection and fit very nicely. However, the skirt hem was a bit weird and poorly made and the skirt was a bit too short. Honestly, I do not think this was proportioned well. The judges appreciated its length but I did not. I could not see the average girl feeling comfortable in it. With that said, Ken is the strongest personality this season and I am sure that he will stick around for a while. Not to mention that his garments are usually decent.

Miranda: Most people live and learn from their mistakes...Miranda lives to repeat. She made plaid pants with a crop top and a jacket. First, that plad did not match those polka dots! Second, she made this look a few weeks ago and the judges did not like it at all. Sooo why would she create the same thing again?? Beats me.


And that is my review this week! Check back next week for more!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who