Skip to main content

Homecoming Horribles: What Do I Wear To Homecoming?

Previously on Homecoming Horribles: I introduced the new series.

Hey guys!!! Today we are tackling the big fashion horrible when it comes to homecoming...what to wear?? I remember my freshman year being confused about this because at my middle school, everyone just wore jeans but that was not what I heard people did in High School. So today I am going to be giving you a few outfit ideas that are appropriate for homecoming and a few that you should shy away from. Sooooo lets get started!!

Girly:
Okay so today I am going to start with my girly girls!! If you are looking for something cute and sweet to wear to homecoming, I would suggest going to the mall and heading over to forever 21. Forever 21 usually has a good selection of colored  or patterned dresses that are a bit nicer than an every day dress but are not good enough quality to be considered formal. These are the type of dresses that you are looking for. If you do not find one at forever 21, then my second choice store for a girly homecoming dress would probably be H&M.

Sexy:
So there is a fine line between trashy and sexy. There is nothing wrong with wanting to show off your body and feel sexy. However, there will be guys at home coming looking to get lucky and if you want to show it off you have to be careful if you don't want to give it up. Therefore, choosing a body con dress or one with a little cut out is a good mix of saying hey I'm sexy, but also, I'm respecting myself tonight. 

LBD:
Now a popular option for homecoming, and what I would wear, is a little black dress. You cant go wrong here. In addition, you can still fit into the crowed while maintaining your aesthetic depending on the dress you choose.

What NOT To Wear:
Well, if you are one of those girls looking for some action then you might take tips from this section on what to wear. However, I would suggest that you keep all of your clothing on if you are still in high school. Especially on the dance floor. I know that some people do that stuff in the middle of the floor but it is not okay to do that in public. Get a room and have some respect for yourself and others around you. Anyway, here are some outfits that will get you attention in the wrong way. Not to say that they are not perfectly fine outfits to wear to a concert or a weekend party, but for homecoming IN A SCHOOL, these are just a bit too much. 

Common Girl:
Okay now this dress is cute and there is nothing wrong with it but this particular dress is in every teenage girls closet and they all take it out for homecoming so if you want to stand out...don't choose this black polka dotted forever 21 special for the evening. 

And that is it for today's episode of Homecoming Horribles. Check back soon for more!!
xoxoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who