Skip to main content

Project Runway All Stars Season 3 Review (Marge Simpson Episode)

Hey Guys! I know that I have yet to review any of this season so I am just going to start out with a bit on the past challenges. I am SO happy with the cast of this season. I think that they have done a very good job so far and I am pretty happy with who has gone out and who has stayed in. Today I am going to be doing a little re-cap review for this past episode and I promise that there will be no spoilers! Before I get into it there are just two more things I really want to go over. 1 The dress that won looked amazing in the animation and I was totally not expecting it to look that good so bravo to the animators!! 2 Project Runway All Star Season 2 winner Anthony Ryan Auld gust judged this week's episode. I have read so many reviews saying mean things about his physical appearance and I literally could not believe that those reviewers were saying that. I am very proud of him for rocking the baldness and coming on the show despite his cancer. I thought that he did a great job critiquing and I am really glad that he is recovering!

Challenge: This week, the designers had to make an outfit for Marge Simpson to wear out for a date night with Homer. The winning dress would be animated and shown in an upcoming episode of the Simpsons.

Seth Aaron: I am starting with Seth Aaron because I was most excited for his return to the runway. His sewing skills and mind for design are just amazing and I think that he is hands down one of the most naturally talented designers Project Runway has ever had. He has made some very good pieces this season and I just wish that he  had brought it again this week. Honestly, I understand that it is hard to wrap your brain around designing for a fictional character. This would have been a tough one for me too. But I do agree with the judges that Seth Aaron's dress was a bit underwhelming. The dress was purple with a plunged neck line, a diamond shaped back and a black belt. It was not poorly made or anything...but it looked like it was uninspired.

Christopher: I am SOO glad to see Christopher back on the show!! He seems like he is such a nice person and I think that he is a very good designer as well. Overall, I think that his clothing is very wearable and very now which is a good thing. He is defiantly a front runner this season and I am hoping that he makes it to the final. This week, the judges were not so fond of his dress. However, I think it was the best one on the runway. He made a tube top dress out of a floral print and gave it a gold belt. I felt like this captured that age range of Marge and it would have  been flattering on her.

Jeffry: This dress was unfortunate. I did not see Jeffry on his season but for a past winner, it is shocking to me that he has been in the bottom so often. However, this weeks dress deserved it. He made a dark purple shimmery long dress with a chewed up pink collar and added a pearl necklace. The necklace was a great add and I think that it matched perfectly with the color skeme. However, take off the necklace and you could see that the craftsmanship in the neck line was really lacking.

Elena: WOW am I surprised with her this season! I did not think she had it in her but she is really bringing it to the table. She is what All Stars is all about, showing off talent that was not done justice the first time. Elena has shown that she is a great jacket maker. So far they have all been stunning and her black blazer/motorcycle one this week was no exception. However, I do not think that it was very Marge Simpson. Her dress underneath was a long red dress with a high neck line and an open back with flowy details. This dress was also stunning, but a bit young for Marge.

Victor: Victor is another one of my top choices this season. He really brought it on his season and he is a great Jacket designer. I definitely think that we could be seeing him in the final. This week's dress I could see hundreds of young women wearing! His gray dress with a split at the bottom and a sheer appliqued top was probably the best dress on the runway. However, it was for young women and Marge is more middle aged. With that said, this was truly a great dress and was flattering and stunning and just...good job Victor!

Irene: Irene may be this season's sleeper. She is not one of the big personalities but she certainly knows how to design. The judges were spot on with this dress as the most creative of the runway. Irene made a purple tube dress that went down to mid thigh and had back detailing on the top half. Attached to it was a purple flowy material that tied at the waist or could be let open to flow in the breeze. This dress walked fabulously down the runway. I think that she is a great designer and may sneak up on a few of the front runners. I am excited to see where she takes it next.

Korto: I wish that I had been able to see this dress in person. On this side of the TV, the fabric seemed a bit cheap to me. However, she got complemented on it so it must have looked good in person. Sometimes that happens with TV. I did like the design of the one shoulder since it was a bit of a twist on Marge's tube dress. Once again, I thought that this dress was a bit too young. I think that the see through bit on the sleeve was cute as was the addition of the belt. But a middle aged women would  not look very good in this dress. I do think that Korto has done very well this season. I am always interested to see what she is going to come up with because her style is unique.

And that is it for my review this week!
xoxo

Comments

  1. A very fashionable tube top dress are so very imaging for comfortable to wear this type of fancy top.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who