Skip to main content

The Prom Problem: Dates (boys and girls)

Previously on the Prom Problem: the series was brought back for 2014!

Hey guys! Welcome back to The Prom Problem. Today we are going to talk all about the date problem. Boy or girl, everyone stresses over who they are going to prom with...it's practically a right of passage. If you have any specific situations that you want me to address, feel free to leave them below and I will make a follow up post. Today I am just going to go through three common situations and give my advise. Of course you do not have to follow my advise if you find yourself in any of these situations, but these are my solutions to common prom date problems. I will be doing another one of these in. The future so keep an eye out for three more date problems!

Situation 1:
My friend and I have been planning to go to Senior prom together since we were in fifth grade. We made an agreement way back then that if neither of is were dating anyone come Senior prom, we would go together. Well, prom is coming up and we are both single so he prom posed and I said yes. Since then, he has been acting like he is interested in me as more than a friend. However, I am not interested in him and don't want him to get the wrong idea (but I don't want to ruin our friendship either). What do I do?

Solution 1:
This is a tricky situation because the guy is your friend. I recommend laying low and try to pretend like you haven't noticed that he is interested. If you act like he is the same friend as he always has been, he may realize that you are not interested. With that said, I would not go out of my way to hang out with him alone for a little bit. Also, make sure that you are hanging out with other guy friends so that it doesn't look to him like he is the only man in your life.

Situation 2:
This girl and I have been friends for a while so I decided to ask her to prom. I made a big
Proposal and everything. In the moment she said yes, but then she changed her mind. I don't want to loose her as a friend but I feel like I already have. What do I do?

Solution 2:
Maybe your friend thought that you were interested in her as more than a friend but she does not feel the same way about you. Maybe that is the truth. I deff would suggest NOT asking her a second time. You may feel like you want to but that is not the right move as it will make her feel even more uncomfortable. I would just continue to be her friend normally but not be all over her. I would also recommend asking another friend to be your date and maybe do it in a less public way so she dose
not feel pressure to say yes because she does not want to embarrass you in public by saying no. Then you will get an honest answer. Hopefully, it will be a good one.

Situation 3:
I haven't come out of the closet yet but I am homosexual. I want to ask a girl (or guy respectively) to prom this year but I am afraid that everyone will judge me. What should I do?

Solution 3:
First of all, your sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. Of course there are going to be nasty people who are going to judge you. But you just have to ignore them and not let them get to you. If you want to ask someone of the same gender, you absolutely should. If you do not feel ready to come out, then then it is totally fine to go with someone of the opposite gender. However, if you are ready to publicly express yourself them you should go for it and don't worry about what your peers think. If they have a problem with it, they are the ones at fault. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual.

That is it for today's episode of the Prom Problem.  Next I am going to talk all about this years dress styles and some things that have changed since last prom season.
Xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who