Skip to main content

Middle School Advise: Dating in Middle School

Regrets and mistakes our memories make. Hey guys! Today, we are talking about dating. What is okay...and what I would suggest avoiding. I really don't have much else for the intro so lets just get into it.

*GIRLS AND BOYS YOUR AGE SHOULD NOT BE HAVING SEX YOU ARE TOO YOUNG* That's all I'm going to say on that topic.

Online Chatting:
I know that I am starting with the worst first but I have encountered girls in Middle School who think that chatting with cute guys on anonymous dating sites is okay. When you are online, you can be whoever you want to be. You can say your 13 when you are really 35. Online stranger danger is a real thing and there have been people seriously harmed/kidnapped or killed because of it. You do not know who you are talking to online when chatting with a stranger. At any age, it is a risk, but at Middle School age, its a huge risk and one not worth taking. You should NOT online date or chat with strangers no matter what the excuse at you age if ever. So just save your life and don't do it.

First Kiss:
Yes its true, a lot of boys and girls have their first kiss in Middle School. But is that the best idea? Honestly, this is up to you. If you really feel like you are ready for it, then go ahead. However, you want your first kiss to be special. Do not just kiss someone who is into you so that you can get your first kiss over with or because all of your friends have had their first kiss. When I was in Middle School, there was a guy who I would have loved to have had my first kiss with, but I decided to wait because I personally thought that Middle School was too young. Middle School relationships seem like all the real deal while you are in Middle School, but you do not have to be graduated for more than 24 hours to realize that they are not the real thing. I'm not saying that all Middle School relationships are not real and that you do not really have feelings for someone, because you do. What I am saying is that although you are maturing, you are not mature enough to foster a mature relationship. As long as your dating relies on one of your parents driving you somewhere, its not the real thing yet. For that reason, I would recommend waiting on the first kiss until you are mature enough to be in a real relationship. By doing this, you won't look back and say "my first kiss was stupid, horrible" or "I wish I had not had my first kiss with him/her".

Can You Fall In Love in Middle School?:
Personally, I say yes. If you are mature enough to have feelings for someone else, you are mature enough to fall in love. Does this mean you should act on it right now? Probably not. I believe that if you really love someone and they really love you it will all work out in good time.  That could be eight years from now or it could be two...but if it is meant to be, it will happen. Therefore, there is no need to rush into anything and screw it up so that you do not have a future with the person.

Going on Dates:
When I was in Middle School, I had two friends who were dating each other but only texted and never talked in person. This is not really dating. I also had friends  who went to movies in groups of 20 and kissed the person who they liked. This is not dating either. The best, is the couple who's mom drives them somewhere and stays because you are too young to be left in a restaurant alone. That is not dating either. Getting my drift? Really dating in Middle School is next to impossible. People who date talk in person just as much if not more than they talk online. Real couples do not bring 18 of their best friends on their date because it is not safe for kids to go alone. Parents certainly do not have to supervise a real date. Like I have said before, it is so much more special when you can actually do the relationship right with someone than when you get involved too young.

Okay, that is all I am going to address in this post. If you have anything else you want me to talk about, leave a comment below and I will make a follow up post.
xoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who