Skip to main content

Fall Fashion Trends 2014- Back To School Fashion

Hey guys! This is going to be the official end of my back to school series as I am off to college tomorrow. I know that this summer's back to school series has been a bit less fashion focused than this blog usually is but its all good. And! Today, I am going to run through a bunch of different trends for this fall that you can deff use when planning your first day outfit. Not goina lie, I was planning on this post being a first day outfit ideas post but all of my fall cloths are in my trunk so I couldn't really take the pictures. (Needless to say this disclaimer but I do not own or took any of the pictures used in this post). SO, I decided to just go with the trends of the season and hopefully, this post will inspire your fashion picks for the season.

Boyfriend Jeans and Wide Leg Jeans
Lets be honest, the skinny jean came into style about 10 years ago and it really hasn't gone away. However, it has finally started to be phased out. I don't know about you guys but personally I hated the spandex jeans and I am so happy that they aren't the only jeans in the stores anymore. While skinny jeans are still totally acceptable to wear in public, wide leg and boot cut jeans are no longer on the black list of fashion. They are deff in the stores and will deff be seen out and about. In addition to these two old come back styles is the more modern Boyfriend jean which is so comfortable and honestly, everyone should own a pair. I certainly predict that in the next year or two we will be seeing the wider leg, more baggy jean come back into vogue and the skinny jeans go into the storage bin. So 2000's.



High Waisted Everything
Lets be real, the low waist Brittney Spears jeans of the late 90's early 2000's has gone goodbye for now. Skirts, jeans, pants and even dress waists have come up significantly. This fall, I challenge everyone to try something high waisted. I know some people do not think that they can rock the high waist line because of their height, but that is a lie. I am pretty short, so I feel your pain, but there is something high wasted that is flattering on everyone and I think that you will only be more confident for successfully trying this intimidating trend.


Crop Tops Over Everything
Put away those long tunic's that were everything two years ago. The crop top is here. The crop top goes in phases. It is either considered slutty because low waisted pants are in style, or it is considered high fashion because high waisted pants are in style. The high waisted pant is back, so feel free to go out in a crop top! You will look fab! (Although, if you are under 14, you really should not wear a crop top if it shows skin. That is inappropriate for your age even if high waisted pants are in style.)


Big Hair (Its About Time!)
The 1980's is always associated with curly and big hair. But soon, the late twenty teens and the twenty twenties will be associated with it as well. Since the 80's, straight hair has been all the rage. With the inception of the flat iron, there was really no excuse for curly hair right? Us girls with naturally curly hair fried it every day in those heat contraptions trying to get it to look natural and not greasy. And god forbid if it kinked up...that was like every middle school brat's nightmare. Even the girls with naturally poker straight hair flat ironed it. Say goodbye to those good old days because big hair is back. The curled hair has been preferred to the straightened hair for occasions I would say for at least two years now. Following curled hair always comes the preference for naturally curly and permed. Just last weekend, my hair dresser told me that they all were taught a class in how to recreate the big hair styles of the 1980's that are coming back into vogue. Let us curly girls all say hallelujah together!


Combat Boots 
I really don't have much to say about this trend except that it came about last year and is certainly sticking. Uggs have had their moment in the sun.

That is about it for this post. I hope that you all find amazing back to school outfits and that you all have enjoyed this year's back to school series. 
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who