Skip to main content

Homecoming Horribles: What to Wear to Homecoming 2014

Hey guys! So I decided to bring back this mini series since the new school year has started which mean homecoming for many of us. This post is going to be more focused on High School homecoming as I have not actually attended college homecoming and am not sure myself what to wear to it... or if there even is a dance. With that said, you can totally wear any of these outfits or use them for inspiration for any event, it doesn't have to be homecoming. As for the disclaimer, I do not own any of these pictures. That's about all I have to say for the intro so lets get started.

Girly:
The girly girl fashion has been on point lately and you certainly can not go wrong with this style. Separates have made a huge come back recently. I would recommend going with a crop top and a circle skirt set for this event. This way, you can be a little bit sexy for the event while still keeping in tact your girly style. The homecoming dress code is unofficially LBD, if you still want to mesh in with the crowd, you can most deff find a girly style set of separated in black. However, if you want to stay true to your self and stand out from the crowd, feel free to choose which ever color and pattern you like! Personally, the second option is what i would opt for.



If you are a girly girl and you still want to wear a dress, I would suggest a fit and flair dress. These style dresses are everywhere and they are so flattering and so cute! The image I am including is one that actually looks like separates but it is really just one dress. I saw Lindsey Hughes (beautybaby44/livinlikelindsey) wearing this dress in one of her videos and I thought it was absolutely stunning so I am including and image of it here with the link to purchase it from Top Shop. If I had an event coming up, I would totally purchase this dress myself.

Edgy:
Okay my edgy girls...its time to glam it up. What better place to throw on some glitter than homecoming? For the edgy dresser, I would again recommend going with separates for this event. There are so many hot crop tops that scream edge that you can pair with a cute skirt and patterned tights and maybe a leather or jean jacket if it is a bit chilly. The edgy girl has to have her accessories, so I would deff recommend finding a necklace to complement this outfit. Both statement and long necklaces would do the trick depending on what the outfit looks like. I would also suggest adding some rings to the look to give it that glamorous feel.
 (All of the above items in this outfit can also be purchased from Top Shop)

Sporty:
Dressing up is not every one's thing. If you are one of those girls who hates dresses and skirts, you are in luck because the romper is back in style. I would suggest choosing a looser fitting one if you are not one to wear tight clothing. However, there are plenty of more fitted ones if you want to show off your body a bit more for the occasion. Rompers are very comfortable because you do not have to worry about flashing the world, your skirt flying up or someone putting it up intentionally on the dance floor (disgusting, I know, but it happens). Again, you can certainly fit in with the black dress code but you could also opt for something else.

Slutty:
Slutty is not a style I recommend ever. You should never disrespect yourself to the point where you intentionally walk around half naked. I know that a lot of girls like to forget their cloths at homecoming, but really, they are all too good for that. You can look sexy at the dance while staying classy and maintaining your dignity. I know the title here is a bit misleading, because I am not about to recommend you a slutty outfit. I am going to recommend that if you want to show off your assets, you opt for s body con dress that covers you up completely but still shows that you are built well.

Okay, that is it for this episode of Homecoming Horribles. I hope that it gave you some inspiration for your outfits this year and that you all have a fabulous time at the dance!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who