Skip to main content

Project Runway Season 13 Finale Part 2 Recap Review

Hey guys! Today is the day! The Project Runway final part two aka the winner!!! Of course, the episode began with Kini and him having to recreate his collection. Lucky for him, Tim offered a trip to mood for the designers that need it. Amanda made the decision not to go, but the rest decided it would be beneficial for their collection. This season was certainly close and I think the finale collections were a bit different than everyone expected and that made them that more exciting. Lets get into the actual review now because I could go on for ever about how amazing the designers are and how they all deserve the win in different ways this season. Anyway, this is a no- spoiler review so if you have yet to see the episode, head on over to lifetime and check it out because you will not find the winner here. Now, lets get into it.

Kini: Kini's strongest look was his second. The crop top white shirt was so cute and so modern as were his leather shorts. A few of his looks did look a bit last min but some of them were outstanding. His denim flouncy short dress with the white shoulders would flatter so many girls and looked amazing on the runway. For the terrible critique he received last week, Kini really turned it around. Then again, did anyone doubt his ability to do so? Personally, my least favorite look of his was his final dress. I was just not a fan of the big bat wing sleeves with the mermaid tail bottom. The whole look just screamed Bat to me, and correct me if I am wrong, but no one like batts. I still wish that he had added some color to the collection. I think that that would have added a detention that would take his collection to that next level. Kini is a great designer and a fabulous sewer. He certainly was a front runner all season and has proved himself as a worthy designer.

Amanda: Amanda did an outstanding job with her collection. Better than I even imagined.  What I love about Amanda is that she is so driven. She knows what she can do, she knows what she wants and she's going to do everything she can to get there. Personally, I look up to anyone who has that kind of commitment to their dream and their vision. She is inspiring, and not to mention, a great designer. My favorite piece was by far her final dress that she featured last week. I also loved her leather and orange tank that she paired with some fabulously made pants that almost looked kacki but yet so much more expensive. I also really loved the patchwork brownish dress with the slim cut out and the little hook and eye in the center closing it up. This look was very interesting to me and I think that it would look great on many different body types. I really don't need to mention how much I love her jewelry since I talked about it last time, but it was just so lux and so beautiful and AH I want it all! My least favorite piece of her collection was the top that was cut down to the model's belly button. That type of shirt is just not my style and Iw as not a fan. That being said, I know that there are people out there who appreciate that look, and for what its worth, the shirt did fit well and was well made.

Char: Char surprised me. She had so much to recover and so little time. I think that with the amount of last min work she had to do, she pulled it off. My favorite look was the long dress out of the silk pattern from Rome. I also loved the last min piece that she made that was just a long dress with a high neck line and a hood. I thought it was interesting, walked well and looked great on the runway! My least favorite piece of hers was ironically the romper made out of the Rome fabric. I just felt like this look came off a bit cheap and you know that it is an expensive fabric. I also wished that the blue flaps on her blue dress were made out of as stiff fabric rather than a flimsy one. That being said, it was nice to see a Tim Gunn save really rise to the occasion and present in the final.

Sean: Sean certainly has risen to the occasion. Editorial it certainly was. I absolutely loved the black and white short fringe dress. This outfit was so cute and so original. I also loved the black gown with the fringe and the plunge neck. Another favorite of this collection was his final dress, the dress was stunning and I think that anyone should be honored to wear that dress on the runway. By far, his orange fringe was the best piece of the night. I really think that Sean's collection told the best story and as Tim put it "came to a crescendo with the color".  The color was so stunning on the runway and everything was so well made and really, he deserves this. I have to say, I did not hate anything in this collection. If I had to pick a least favorite, I would pick the solid white top with the fringe over the white pants just because it seemed a bit overworked to me. But honestly, Sean put on a Runway show. I think that having a story behind his collection rather than just an idea really helped him out and really pushed this collection to the next level. I also think it was very smart to do the betrayal of Cesar in orange instead of red, not just because the color was stunning, but because it told the story without being too literal. Job well done.

Alright, that is it for my review. Congratulations to all four final designers! You all did such an amazing just this season and you really did make up one of the best seasons so far. I can't wait to follow all of your careers and maybe wear some of your cloths someday. Congratulations to the winner as well! Reviews will continue next week with Project Runway All Stars Season 4...so until then...
xoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who