Skip to main content

Window Shopping Wars: Urban Outfiters vs Blue Ivy

Hey guys! Welcome to my new mini series Window Shopping Wars! In this series, I am basically going to compare my shopping experience at the stores that I visited and shopped in. On this occasion, I had like no money on me and did not end up purchasing much but I did take pictures of a bunch of the stuff that I would have bought if I did have money. For this post, I chose to compare two stores that I have previously shopped in. Stay tuned for the next post in the series which will feature two stores that are brand new to me. So, without further a do, lets get started

Urban:
So need I say that everything at Urban is way over priced? Probably not. Aside from that, I am usually a big fan of Urban because they have such cute and unique stuff. However, on this particular trip, there was only a few pieces that stood out to me as special and out of the ordinary.

This piece was a tan cropped high low top. I think that this top is so interesting and I would deff want to try it and see how it can be styled to look great. I'm thinking possibly a very very high waisted jean with a belt? and some combat boots or heels depending on whether you want to dress it up or down. In addition, I would deff pack on the arm candy with this outfit and include a brown bag.



Another interesting find I made in Urban was in the beauty category. There was a bunch of different perfumes and products from a different country in the cutest packaging. These were the sample products but I did not try any of them as I was not sure exactly what some of them were and/or how to use them. With that said, I think that they would be a nice beauty try if you are looking to explore something new.



For all the girly girls out there, this gray skirt would be a perfect edition to your wardrobe. (Ps, if your a PLL fan, does this totally look like something Ali pre-disappearance would have worn?) I think that this skirt is so flirty and fun and it would be great for date night or any mixer event where you wanted to bring out your feminine side.

Blue Ivy:
Blue Ivy had much better prices than Urban...lets be honest...it always does. I actually did make a purchase here but ironically, I do not have a picture of it. The item that I bought was a pair of earrings that were fake diamond in a diamond shape. They are studs and are supper cute and I was looking for something like this and was SO happy to find them!! Not to mention...they were only $3!!

Outside the store, I saw this display piece which I had to photograph for you guys because it captured a fashion trend that I have been seeing so much this season. Vests! My mom actually bought me the cutest red one to go with a white shirt and I will totally show it in a style video soon. BUT I have seen vests all over campus and this one was a cute one that I saw at Blue Ivy.

Overall for Prince, I would say that Blue Ivy won this round. Despite not finding as much as I would have liked to find in Urban, I am going to have to give it the win for this round just because I did real find the shirt very interesting and I love unique pieces.
That is all for today's episode of Window Shopping Wars. Check back for another episode soon!
xoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who