Skip to main content

Freshman Declassified: What Should I Pack For College?

Hey guys! This is a follow up to my last post...and it is all about what you should pack for college. The below items were all lifesavers in many ways and are items that I highly recommend packing.

1. Pyrex Cup--> I used this every single day. Pyrex is microwave safe, so it can cook just about anything that needs to be cooked in the microwave. It is also great for warming up soup, water etc. I also used it to make coffee in because my mug was too large for my coffee maker. Honestly, I can not event think of all the reasons I used this at school, but it was my favorite item

2. Sponge--> Washing dishes in the sink by hand is just not the same as washing them in the dishwasher. After a week or so, I had my mom ship me up a sponge to wash my dishes with. It got them a little bit cleaner than just my hands, which I appreciated because I was starting to feel gross despite washing my dishes every day.

3. Re-Useable Water bottle--> This is something that I did not think of ahead of time and had to pick up at school. Many dorms are not air conditioned and it can get very hot, even in the winter months. This water bottle was a life saver for me. I used it all of the time because my room was so hot and it was just so much easier (not to mention better for the environment) to reuse the bottle then to have to worry about keeping a case of water in the room. P.S lugging that case from the grocery store to the room probably would not have even been possible, and that may be the case for you too, so just invest in a re-usable water bottle.

4. Large Duffel Bag--> I know it is tempting to send this home with your parents after moving in. Don't. Store it under the bed or something, you will need it. When I went home and had to change out cloths, or wanted to restock on food, this was so needed.

5. A FAN--> This goes along with number 3. Dorm rooms can get pretty hot. You are going to need a fan.

6. Extra Coffee--> You would be surprised how much coffee you end up making in your room if you are a coffee lover, especially if you are at a big school. At a large university, a midnight coffee run is just not practical. Make sure you are all stocked up so that you do not run out when you need something to keep you up to study for that last test.

7. Long Winter Coat--> Obviously, if you are at a school in a warm climate, this does not apply. However, if you are at a school known for the cold weather, bring a knee length winter coat. It gets pretty cold at schools in a cold climate, and you will need it. Also, bring it up earlier than you might break out the winter coat at home.

More to come!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who