Skip to main content

Project Runway 9-17-15 Recap Review

Hey guys! Long time, no post...I know. I decided to start my Project Runway review series later into the season this year just because I feel like I can say more about each outfit when there are less outfits to go over and I want to bring to you the best content that I can. With that said, I wish I had done a review while Blake was still on the show!! (Sorry spoiler for anyone who is behind) But I really thought he had a lot of potential. I am sure he will go on to do amazing things! Okay, back to this weeks episode. Unfortunately, Jake had to withdraw from the competition due to the loss of his dog. However, that did not mean any designer was safe from elimination.

Challenge: This week was an unconventional materials challenge. The designers were challenged to create an outfit out of old technology. I thought that this challenge was so creative!

Ashley: Ashley has deff proved to be one of the most talented designers this season. Her garments are always so flattering to any body type, and this week was no exception. Ashley created her own textile by smashing old Polaroid pictures and allowing the ink inside to run. She then sewed them together to create a short, full skirt with a midriff and a cute sleeveless top. This dress just embodied unconventional materials challenge in both its creativity and its construction. If Ashley is not in the final, I am going to be very surprised.

Candice: Candice showed her edgy style by constructing a dress out of wiring. The whole dress was wire in different colors. The base was black and it had a blue trimming with a white chest. This dress appeared to be a bit stiff, but also was very well done. You could tell how much work she put into this dress and how well thought out it was.

Swapnil: I liked Swapnil's outfit, however, the judges did not. The judges felt that he is not showing his full potential this week and throughout this competition. They disliked his use of muslin, which I can understand considering the challenge, however, I did not agree with their other comments. I think that he is one of the strongest designers this season. Swapping created a white crop top with knotted sculpturing above the neck line and below the skirt line. The skirt was made from a blue pastel muslin. I think the outfit looked really good on the runway. Swapping is just such a creative and talented designer, and like Ashley, I would be surprised not to see him in the final.

Joseph: Joseph's dress was on the safe side. He used blue ad black mousepads to create a color blocked dress and accented it with blue wiring. I do not think the dress was bad, I just wish that it had been more imaginative. Joseph has constantly been criticized for being matronly, however, I appreciate his designs.

Edmond: Edmond has had a great run this season. His work ethic is very inspiring. The judges liked his outfit this week, however, I felt like it was also too safe. He made a black dress with a plunge neck line and shoulder pads When the judges examined it closer, they realized it was falling apart. I think that Edmond is usually very creative, and I just wish he used a little more of that creativity this week.

Kelly: Kelly is another designer who I think has been having an amazing season. Everything she makes is very her and very well done. This week, she took tubing and cut it up and make a little silver dress with a V-Neck. This was one of the best designs this week in my opinion. I really thought she used her creativity and this dress was just so well made. You would never ever know that it was made up of tubing. The effort that went into this dress really showed.

Lindsey: Zac Posen called her dress a bathroom dress because the top looked like tile and the bottom looked like a curtain to him. I think that Lindsey played it too safe this week. I liked her idea of smashing the keyboard and gluing the pieces to the muslin to make a tiled looking dress. I wish she had done the whole dress like that. The skirt material was old CD cases, like the plastic ones. I just felt like you could tell what the skirt was made of.

Laurie: Laurie made a brown two-piece outfit. The top was color blocked by shade of brown and was strapless. There was a bit of midriff, which was super cute, and then she made a short skirt out of mousepads. The skirt moved well, but like Joseph, I wish she had used something other than mousepads. There were so many other materials to choose from, mousepads is a bit too expected in my opinion.

Merline: Merline made a black, below the know dress with wide shoulder pads. Merline and Edmond's dresses looked very similar to me. The detailing on the side of her dress looked like it was going to pop off any second. Merline is most certainly one of the strongest personalities this season. Her personal style is so unique that I guess I was just expecting a bit more from her with this challenge.

That is it for this week! Please check back to see more Project Runway reviews for the rest of the season! Also, comment below and let me know if you like these starting mid-season when we know the designers better or if I should start at the beginning next season.
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who