Skip to main content

Maybelline Babylips Lip Gloss Review

Hey guys! It is time for another product review. I did a review of the first Baby Lips that I purchased. You can check that out here: http://fashionistaforward5.blogspot.com/2013/02/maybelline-baby-lips-review.html  I am back to review another product today from the Baby Lips line. Personally, I love nude/natural lip colors so I was excited to try out the Baby Lips Lip Gloss flavor, Taupe With Me.

1. Packaging
Since packaging is the first thing you see, lets talk about it first. I thought that this product was excellently packaged. It has a very clean look, which I always appreciate when it comes to makeup. It gives the product a timeless appearance that makes me want to purchase it. For some reason, the fact that you can see the dense product was a bit disillusioning to me because it made me think that the product was going to be like a liquid lipstick even though I knew that I was buying a gloss. My favorite part about the packaging was that it was photogenic. Now this is probably something no one thinks about unless you are a blogger, but I thought that it was a nice touch!

2. Applicator
This product featured a sponge applicator. I thought that it was the perfect size. It is a small and compact applicator which allows you to specifically target the smaller part of your lips. Personally, I think lip products are the hardest to apply. I do not know why, but I feel like I always make a mess! The sponge applicator helps minimize this mess because it fits the size of my lips. (Comment down below if you make a mess with your lipsticks too lol).

4. Color, Taste, Smell, and Consistency
Again, for some reason I thought that this product was going to be a pigmented liquid lipstick even though I was conscious of the fact that I was purchasing a gloss. Aside from getting over that, I do think this product has a decent formula. It glides on pretty evenly, and it is not too sticky. This product has just a touch of pigmentation. You can tell that the lips are tinted a bit, but it is not a strong color. The taste of the Baby Lips Lipgloss was pretty good as always with their products. I said this about their regular lip product but, I thought that the sent on the gloss was initially overpowering and just like the origional product, got duller as I used it. This is what the product looks like on with no other colors or products mixed in (P.S I know my eyes look exhausted but I thought a picture of just my lips would be weird!) :

5. Build-ability
I do not think that this product is buildable at all. If you want to darken the tone, I suggest using a lipstick or lip pencil underneath. I added a lip liner by Ulta underneath the gloss in the picture below and you can see the difference:

Would I recommend this product: Honestly, I would. I think that this product can serve a variety of customers. If you are someone who does not like to wear a lot of makeup or who does not like lipstick, this is a perfect option. It is natural yet still has a hint of pigmentation. I would also recommend it to nude/neutral lip wearers as a product to top off your lip look. I certainly will use this to moisturize my lips if applying a drying lipstick first. Applying it as a top coat focused in the center will give your lips a new glow.

Comment down below and let me know if you have tried this product out yet. If you have, let me know what color you purchased and if you liked it.  
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Series! Best Fit: Exercise and Eating Right

Hey Fashionistas! This series is all about getting healthy and staying healthy. Living a healthy lifestyle will not only make your clothing fit better, but it will make your personality fit better too. I am not a Health and Wellness coach, but I am a regular person (just like you) trying to be my best self. Exercising and eating right is often associated with weight loss. This series is not about weight (although we may address it from time to time). This series is about improving our physical and mental health together. The next post in this series will be the first "content post" back. If you have any topics you would like me to address, please comment down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xoxo ~ Glam-Forward ~

Best Fit: How to Start Your Fitness Journey

"Best Fit" Let's start our fitness journey! Incorporating fitness into your daily life is difficult. Life is full of wonderful things to do and it can be hard to prioritize being healthy. Today we are going to jump right in and start incorporating fitness into our daily lives.  *Disclaimer: I am neither a fitness expert nor a doctor. I am here to build a community, not give professional advise. Before beginning your fitness journey, check with your medical professionals to make sure you are physically healthy enough to complete any activities suggested. 1. Pick a time of day for your workout: Picking a time of day is a great first step in starting a healthier lifestyle. Putting it on your calendar (maybe even setting up a reminder notice) will help you hold yourself accountable. It will also remind you that you have set aside time that day to go to the gym so you do not double book yourself.  Personally, I prefer to work out in the late afternoon/ea

Project Runway 10-15-15 Recap Review

Previously on Project Runway: The designers gave members of the Project Runway crew a makeover. Hey guys! Welcome to this week's Project Runway Recap Review! We are getting closer and closer to fashion week each episode and the competition is getting tight. At this point, any of the designers could go home. Last week was packed with drama...but...its a new week, and a fresh slate, so lets get started. Challenge: The five remaining designers will make an outfit inspired by the New York City bridges (Queensborough, Brooklyn, Manhattan). The designers were assigned a bridge from the black bag of doom. Each designer created a textile with a 3-D printer that they had to incorporate into their garment. This is an Avant Garde challenge. Thoughts In The Workroom:  I'm not so sure what I think about 3-D printers...comment down below and let me know what you think about them (in general, not just in fashion). Candice made a good choice not using black again this week. Designers who